NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Need to Know. // Computer Bulletin;Jul2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p14
The article offers news briefs related to information technology (IT) in Great Britain. The 64-bit Itanium processor was launched by Intel. International Business Machines Corp. and Intel Corp. are developing advanced technologies. National Training Organisation has released a standard...
- Need to Know. // Computer Bulletin;Jan1999, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the computer industry in Great Britain. Silicon Graphics Inc. provides the U.S. Department of Energy with the world's fastest computer system. Management improvements have been urged on the development of a 217 pounds system for air traffic control....
- IN BRIEF. // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p18
The article offers news briefs from Great Britain. Absenteeism costs the British industry up to 6 billion pounds a year, which makes Great Britain's record the worst in Europe. The City of London Law Society's polo club is interested in setting up an inter-disciplinary polo match in August or...
- IN BRIEF. // Pulse;9/26/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 31, p9
The article offers news brief of Great Britain related to general practitioners (GP) as of September 26, 2012 including uptake of influenza vaccination, domestic abuse advice and theft of landline telephone service in GP office.
- Commercial digest: Friday 7 August. // Lawyer 2B;8/7/2015, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the law industry in Great Britain in 2015. The domestic industrial production falls in the month of June. The social media website Facebook discusses the significance of cyber security. Expectation and demand for higher salaries amongst the youth....
- Changes seen for IBM fund. Williams, Fred; Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/9/93, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p3
Discusses the impact on the pension fund of IBM Corp.'s massive downsizing and employees' cutbacks. Necessity of a reshuffling of assets to meet the needs of a smaller work force; Expectations in the drop of work force; Increase pension liabilities as resulting in higher contributions to the plan.
- IBM's conversion draws watchdogs. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;9/6/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
Focuses on IBM Corp.'s conversion of its traditional defined benefit plan to a cash balance plan. Complaints from hundreds of IBM plan participants; Possible scrutiny by the United States Department of Labor and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Lawmakers' concerns about age...
- IBM changes stand on cash balance pensions. Kwiatoski // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p5
Reports on IBM Corp.'s revision of its plan for offering cash balance pensions to its employees in the United States. Reactions of employees on the plan; Difference of cash balance pensions to traditional pension plans; Concerns on the discriminatory nature of the plan.
- Sponsors may say, 'Me, too' on once-a-year match. Davis, Andrea // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;2/1/2013, p1
The article focuses on the announcements made by International Business Machines (IBM) to switch its 401(k) employer match from twice a month to once a year, and offers views of Byron Beebe, retirement market lead with Aon Hewitt, on the same.