NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;10/18/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p11
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management. The web campaign, For the Want of a Nail, is intended to show leaders and chief executives the importance of human resources issues by showing them what is going on at ground level in their organisations. The Co-operative Group,...
- the editors blog. Williams, Helen; West, Dave; Evans, David; Bragg, Graham // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the October 13, 2009 issue, including "DRA vital to make way for the young," by Susanne Byrne, "Row over CIPD chief's bonus," by Simon Howard, and a letter on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- A practical resource for the public sector. // People Management;Jun2011, p56
The article reports on the launch of a new area of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) website in 2011 which is dedicated to supporting and informing the public sector of the human resources (HR) community.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;12/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p45
Presents an update on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of December 28, 2001. Moderators appointed for the institute's certificate programs in personnel and training practice; Documents added to the Infosource section of the Web site of the CIPD; Topics that will be...
- Time to take the site test. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;5/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p63
Features the online debate zone at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Web site. Questions posted on the Web site to spark discussion; Information provided by the site.
- Untitled. Gilbert, Helen // Personnel Today;9/29/2009, p8
The article focuses on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) unfair bonus distribution. As stated, despite being below in its financial targets and banning the discretionary bonuses for employees, CIPD chief executive, Jackie Orme received a bonus. Although the practice...
- Are bonuses to blame for banking's downward spiral? Brockett, James // People Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p12
The article discusses the possible role of city bonuses in the banking crisis. There is a growing consensus that bonuses should be risk-adjusted to reflect how profits have been made. According to Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) adviser Charles Cotton, bonuses have become...
- Private sector bonuses plummet. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p22
The article focuses on the payout of bonuses in the private sector in Great Britain. John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), stated that bonuses have virtually dried up in the private sector this year as employers are cutting costs and...
- GET STAFF TO GIVE OUT BONUSES. BIRCHALL, AMY // Management Today;Aug2013, p6
The article focuses on the website Bonus.ly which allows managers to make recognition programs aimed at providing their employees with rewards and bonuses.