BT offers paid sabbaticals to beat the recession
- Fears raised over AWR unreadiness. // Recruiter;5/18/2011, p6
The article reports on the concern of the employee relations and resourcing director of BT Group PLC, Tom Keeney, who expresses fear that the telecommunications giant is not moving fast enough ahead of the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR) implementation in Great Britain.
- BT to cut 15,000 more jobs. Clews, Mary-Louise // Marketing Week;5/14/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p5
The article reports that BT Group PLC (BT) has announced it will cut up to 15,000 jobs, in 2009 after reporting further heavy financial losses. BT reported pre-tax losses of 134 million pound for the year to March 31, 2009. Its Global Services Unit, which provides networked IT services, has once...
- BT doubles job cuts to 30,000. // Computer Weekly;5/19/2009, p6
The article reports that BT Group PLC (BT) has announced plans to cut 15,000 more jobs after reporting massive losses for its latest financial year. It is restructuring its Global Services business, which reportedly had a disastrous year. The company reported a Â£134m loss for the year,...
- Fears raised over AWR unreadiness. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);5/19/2011, p6
The article presents information on the concerns expressed by a senior BT executive regarding the slow growth of the telecommunications giant ahead of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR). As per Tom Keeney, employee relations & resourcing director at BT Group PLC, it is worrying situation to...
- How sabbaticals and paid leave can yield dividends. // Management Today;Oct98, p13
Reports on some Great Britain companies which allow employees to go on sabbatical leaves, knowing these leaves can yield dividends for the company. Getting employee back happier and more skilled as justification for allowing sabbaticals; Examples of extended leave scheme policies.
- Good week for... // Personnel Today;6/8/2010, p2
The article offers information on the positive developments related to personnel management that took place at Tesco PLC and BT Group PLC
- BT Looks for Growth in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. // European Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that telecommunication company BT Group will hire additional employees to expand its industrial operation in various areas including China, Hong Kong, and Japan.
- BT. // PRWeek (London);7/10/2009, p8
The article reports that BT is offering its employees the option of taking a year's holiday in return for 25% of their salaries, in order for the telecommunications firm to reduce its heavy losses without resorting to job cuts. Other cost-cutting measures implemented by the firm include offering...
- Disability group issues redundancy notices as it wrestles with cash crisis. Taylor, Amy // Community Care;2/23/2006, Issue 1611, p6
The article reports on the decision of the National Centre for Independent Living to issue redundancy notices to its staff. The disability organisation has revealed that it is facing serious financial difficulties. Jane Campbell, a member of the board and a previous chief executive, called for...