YOU DO THE MATH
- 'As an organisation we have got to be rigorous and fast.'. // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
The article features Jackie Orme and offers information on her first few months as chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and her vision for the future. Orme says that while she has the benefit of inheriting firm foundations and a strong brand and...
- Use reward to gain advantage. Brockett, James // People Management;2/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the lack or failure of reward strategy in organizations. The Reward Management 2007 survey made by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), found that only a third of 466 employers had a reward strategy, and only 55 per cent of these measure its...
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p68
Presents news briefs relating to the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD). Release of the CIPD annual recruitment survey; Information on the subjects added to the CIPD Web site; Topics discussed in the CIPD publication `Employment Tribunals.'