Grant Thornton sets up staff forum as tough times call for transfer of skills
- Clicking for companies. Satov, Tamar // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the electronic tool (e-tool) project launched by Grant Thornton LLP in its Web site, for clients and non-clients. Features of the site from a buyer's perspective; Offerings of the e-tool project; Listings and services.
- Coaching boosts people skills and HR at accountancy firm. // People Management;2/25/2010, p12
The article reports that British accountancy firm Grant Thornton has conducted a year-long program to train 14 of its partners to become certified coaches and develop their leadership skills.
- Fit for the future. BrianWall // Works Management;Jul2008, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p13
The article features Grant Thornton LLP, the financial firm that sponsors the Best Small Company award of the 2008 Best Factory Awards in Great Britain. Accordingly, the company delivers an impressive first-hand knowledge on the health and performance of the country and has been in the business...
- Honister administrator receives 'definitive' legal advice over commission. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;2/7/2013, p3
The article reports on the claim by Great Britain-based Honister Capital administrator Grant Thornton that the company already received clear and definitive legal advice that trail commission payments are owned by the firm and not individual advisers.
- Half of Bankers Believe Dodd-Frank Won't Be Effective. // California CPA;Sep2011, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the increased number of U.S. bankers who believe that the overall financial reform will not be effective in detecting broad risks to the financial system and preventing or reducing the threat of a future taxpayer-funded bailout, according to a survey by Grant Thornton LLP.
- Bank presidents against sale of nonbanks. Kline, Alan // American Banker;3/2/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p16
Reports on a survey conducted by the Chicago based company Grant Thornton LLP, regarding the merger of banks with financial services firms. How the survey was conducted; Results of the survey; Notable findings of the survey.
- Grant Thornton tests for the right balance. Weekes, Sue // Training Magazine;Mar2004, p15
Presents information on the decision of business advisers Grant Thornton regarding the launch a blended employee training program provided by Balance Learning in Great Britain. Remarks from Sue Cohen, senior training manager at Grant, regarding the program; Benefit of the program for employees;...
- Readers Reply to 'Martin Refuses Retirement' (JULY-AUGUST 1999, P.57). // Research Technology Management;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p57
Offers views on a case concerning the refusal made by a company on the request for the retraining of an employee. Overview of the case; Opportunities provided by a retraining program.
- Program your staff. Alexander, Steve // InfoWorld;01/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p51
Offers a look at the success of several companies in retraining business-function employees for entry-level information technology (IT) jobs in the United States. Details on the Career Transition Program of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.; Recruitment opportunity offered by the program;...