NEWS FROM THE WEB
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. // People Management;Oct2011, p16
This section offers news briefs on employee relations in Great Britain as of October 2011. According to a trade union survey, 40 percent of train manufacturing suppliers plan to make job losses, in addition to the 3,000 skilled jobs under threat in Derby. As a result of plans to end its defined...
- NEWS ON THE WEB. // People Management;4/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p11
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. Tidjane Thiam was appointed as chief executive of Prudential. Labor unions were angered by the job cuts announced by HSBC. A new equality standard is being developed for the police in order to increase public...
- Barclays to cut up to 12,000 jobs in 2014. // Computer Weekly;2/18/2014, p3
The article announces the plan of Barclays bank to eliminate up to 12,000 jobs in its global workforce in 2014, including 7,000 jobs in its operation in Great Britain.
- Barclays to Eliminate 50 Jobs in India. // American Banker;7/19/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 110, p16
The article announces the bank Barclays PLC plans to eliminate 50 jobs in India.
- Managing the change: HR issues. Matthews, Virginia // Occupational Health;May2015, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p18
The article looks at the report "New vision for older workers" by researcher led by Ros Altmann, regarding the issue of menopause awareness in the older women worker to combat the double whammy of ageism and sexism. Topics discussed include health and wellbeing policies focus on age, stress and...
- HELP NOT WANTED. Taylor, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Sep2002, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the status of personnel-services hiring in Colorado. Increase in the ration of firing over hiring; Reduction in the number of employees in Job Store personnel-services firms during the year 2001; Recession in the staffing industry.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. A research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) found that companies are focusing on retraining their talented employees in spite of the recession. According to David MacLeod, the lead for...
- notepad. // People Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p13
This section offers news briefs related to human resources in Great Britain. Only a small number of Tesco shareholders backed a motion to have a non-executive director scrutinise allegations that the supermarket has failed to prevent harsh and divisive treatment of migrant workers in its meat...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;7/30/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p7
This section offers news briefs related to human resources management in Great Britain. A National Audit Office (NAO) report indicates that the Train to Gain training scheme has failed to provide value for money for employers. Charles Cotton of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...