Glasgow 2014 Games face skill shortage
- SEARCH IS ON TRACK FOR 2014. COTTELL, COLIN // Recruiter;Oct2012, p6
The article reports on the search for personnel for the 2014 Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow, Scotland, which is expected to be very successful.
- Firms drop their graduate intake by 7.5%. // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p9
Reports on the decrease in recruitment of graduates in Great Britain due to recession. Percentage of decrease in student intake; Increased in number of qualified graduates staying in public practice; Increased in number of layoffs.
- Executives wait longer to land jobs. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the impact of economic recession on employee recruitment in the U.S. Need for more time for the executives to land six-figure positions; Attitude of the companies for being more picky on who and when to hire; Increase in the number of unemployment among higher-level executives.
- Employers finding it easier to find employees. // Training & Development in Australia;Feb2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p036
The article discusses the National Centre for Vocational Education Research's (NCVER) survey of employer use and views of the vocational education and training (VET) system which revealed that the recession helped employers to recruit the right employee in 2009.
- Firing off...?graduate recruitment. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;6/9/2009, p7
The article presents several blogs related to the decline in graduate recruitment in Great Britain due to the economic recession.
- The View. // Recruiter;Apr2013, Special section p3
The author comments on the transformation of recruitment business in Great Britain with addition of specialist function as a result of the economic downturn.
- Deepening recession hits industry earnings. // Accountancy;Feb1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1170, p14
This article reports on the impact of Great Britain's recession on recruitment of chartered accountants in the commercial and industrial sector, as of February 1991, according to a monthly salary survey by FRES/Accountancy. The number of senior vacancies is declining, as employers attempt to cut...
- SECTOR ANALYSIS: Digital. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);3/24/2011, p14
The article presents information on the fast-moving digital sector of Great Britain. It informs that the digital sector reveals that recruiters need to keep pace with the skill sets required by employers. It has been found that the pace at which digital skill sets have come to the fore has been...
- Pressure on for recruiters. Vassallo, Michael // Recruiter;8/6/2008, p16
The author reflects on the impact of the condition of the stock market on recruitment industry in Great Britain. He commented that several are thinking that the economic downturn will be much closer to the recession of 1990-1991. He added that the strong growth overseas made up for a slowdown in...