- Fur flies when feathers arrive. Trowbridge, Clinton W. // Christian Science Monitor;4/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 108, p22
Discusses geese. How the author's son, Patrick, decided to buy a pair of geese; The reaction of Rafiki, Patrick's dog, to the geese; What happened when the geese had eight goslings; The effectiveness of using geese as protection for other fowl.
- Will Work for Dog Food. Cohen, Jeffrey A. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the roles of dogs in the security systems industry in the U.S. According to the author, dogs have always been providing guard detection services in the society. Their services have been known to government and military operations and private security agencies. Studies also...
- Home, Safe Home. Lewis, Kristyn Kusek // Real Simple;Jul2007, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses several useful tips that one may use to make one's house burglar-proof. It is suggested that one should not rely on his dog as people generally train them to be friendly to strangers. It is suggested that one should put lights or television on timers, lock away guns, and...
- Making a case for separate-ness. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p11
Editorial. States that alarm control panels with features for false alarm reduction will emerge during 1998. Details on campaigns by the alarm industry.
- Take on security-based home control. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p68
Presents information on home security systems, which offers features homeowners can use all the time. Information on the automatic and manual levels of home control; Details on automatic control which provides better crime prevention; Details on two approaches to security based home control;...
- Minimizing risks through security awareness. Bosco, Pearl // Buildings;Aug94, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p114
Presents a forum of property managers and facilities specialists on building security issues in the United States at the Scottsdale Insurance Company in Arizona. Marketability of security measures among corporate tenants; Future logistical changes; Importance of recognizing the possibility for...
- Tenants buying more customized security. Bell, Tina Jenkins // Crain's Chicago Business;8/19/96, Vol. 19 Issue 34, pSR8
Reports that many companies in Chicago, Illinois are investing in an office security system that is more advanced than that offered by the building's management. Basic coverage of a vintage multi-unit commercial building; Security precautions in the wake of suspected bombing of Trans World...
- I got robbed. Oberbeck, E.B. // Cosmopolitan;Oct90, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p122
Recounts a woman's experiences when she discovers her New York City apartment has been robbed. Emotional reactions; Counseling services. INSET: Protecting your home from burglary..
- Better safe than sorry. Irzyk, Peter M. // BusinessWest;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p24
Reports on a court ruling that says building owners have a duty to provide reasonable security measures to protect tenants. Previous ruling of the court; Vulnerability threat analysis; Reducing the likelihood of theft.