A labour of love
- GIVING TAKES THE CAKE. Haedrich, Ken // Better Homes & Gardens;Dec2002, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p33
Describes fruitcakes made by Ken Wilkinson. Revival of a tradition started by mother-in-law Anne Crutcher; Purchase of ingredients for the fruitcake; Biographical information on Wilkinson; Wilkinson's sending of his fruitcakes by the middle of December to friends and relatives.
- Caption Winner - 9 September 2015. // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);9/9/2015, p34
No abstract available.
- A first for Wilkinson. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/2003, Issue 5369, p7
Reports on the recognition of Ken Wilkinson for winning the 2003 Furniture Trade Benevolent Association Award in London, England. Details on the contributions of Ken Wilkinson in the furniture industry; Career history; Length of service.
- New York Rug Cleaners Institute (NYRCI). Greenberg, Lorne // Cleanfax Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p41
The article offers information on dinner meetings and courses offered by the New York Rug Cleaners Institute (NYRCI) from January 13 to October 12, 2010, including a meeting on different types of equipment available in the industry by member Ken Wilkinson on March 9, the Color Restoration...
- Hope, faith, hard work and charity. du Preez, Nikkie // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p26
Describes the lessons the author learned in managing people behind a Bosnian charity called `Bosnia Now.' Process in training volunteers; Problems encountered by the charity; Author's insights on the qualities of a good manager.
- Under protest, the charities fill the void. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Compares state welfare and voluntary charity, and notes that by demanding more government spending the Edmonton Food Bank may be lobbying against the best interests of the very people it is trying to assist. Higher percentage of private donations reach their destination than public funds; Costs...
- H.E.L.P. housing prototype at work in slum and suburb. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;May1991, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p20
Summarizes the success of the nonprofit New York State organization H.E.L.P. It's provided transitional housing in the city and the suburbs, designed by Alex Cooper. The housing designs include space for in-house counseling and day care.
- Charity begins with a budget. Brown, L. // Black Enterprise;Dec87, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p77
Answers questions concerning charitable contributions. Tells how to budget the amount you will spend for charity, how to investigate charities, and how to document your contributions. INSET: How to avoid bogus charities.;Putting charity on the payroll..
- More blacks join world war on disease, hunger. Hocker, W.C. // Black Enterprise;Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports on an increase in black philanthropic activity, particularly for international aid. Key black relief organizations; Focus on disease and hunger in the Third World.