Homewares will loose M&S pound5,800/sq ft
- M&S loses market share. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;4/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p36
The article highlights the sales loss incurred by Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) in February 2009.
- My mum could have saved M&S. Stern, Stefan // New Statesman;02/05/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4523, p27
Points the reason for the business losses suffered by Marks & Spencer, a clothing retail chain company in Great Britain, in 2000. Background of the company; What made the company successful; Forces of global trading which affect the company; Efforts made by the company to recover its losses and...
- MAKRS & SPENCER: M&S home sales down for Q3. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p10
The article reports that the home furnishing products of Marks & Spencer PLC have declined by 13.3% in 13 weeks until December 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- M&S was not alone in poor winter sales performance. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p6
The article reports that despite holding two discount days in the run up to Christmas, home sales plummeted at Marks & Spencer PLC in recent weeks. Home sales fell by 23.3% in the six weeks to January 1, 2005 and by 25.2% in the 13 weeks to January 1, 2005. But it was not the only chain to...
- Kids wear's poor show hurts M&S. // Indian Textile Journal;May2003, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p80
Reports on the decline in clothing segment sales posted by British apparel company Marks & Spencer for the 11 weeks ended March 29, 2003. Attributions to the losses; Predictions for the industry.
- Shop till you drop. Brown, Mike // Financial Management;Jul/Aug2001, p22
Focuses on the way the British press deals with profit and loss of companies. Disapproval of Tesco's pre-tax profit growth by certain sections of the print media; Reaction of the media to the decline in profits of Marks & Spencer; Description of the media's treatment of Marks & Spencer.
- This media fixation with M&S is pants. // Fund Strategy;7/7/2008, p5
The article reports on the performance of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. The company's profit is said to be declining which led to a 25% fall in the share price and widespread gloom on recession. Chris Dillow, an economist who runs the Stumbling and Mumbling blog, states that the...
- Northern Ireland Tax Update. McMaw, Phillip // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2007, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p78
The article offers update on taxation of companies and businesses in Northern Ireland. The Court of Appeal delivered its judgment in the Marks & Spencer (M&S) PLC case in which the decision clarifies on the interpretation of the M&S ruling. The case concerns the ability of a profitable parent...
- M&S suffers yet another sales fall. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2004, Issue 5410, p5
Reports on the decrease of the sales of Marks and Spencer Group PLC for the year 2004 in Great Britain. Impact of economic downturn on the business performance of the firm; Decrease on the number of retailers; Increase on the level of competition.