With TWA Sold, St. Louis to Peddle Airport Debt
- TWA Might Seek Chapter Eleven Today. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/10/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31054, p1
Presents an update related to the reports that Trans World Airlines (TWA) will be bought by American Airlines Inc. Impact of a possible TWA purchase on the expansion plans of Saint Louis and Kansas City, Missouri; Pricing of bonds at Saint Louis of a multimillion deal to include a mix of...
- New Chapter in Aviation History. Friedheim, Eric // Travel Agent;04/16/2001, Vol. 303 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the merger between the American Airlines and Trans World Airlines (TWA). Significance of the merger on the aviation industry; Changes in the TWA operations following the merger.
- American Vows 'Business as Usual' After Takeover of TWA. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;04/16/2001, Vol. 303 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the American Airlines' acquisition of the Trans World Airlines (TWA). Transition plans; Overview on the American Airlines' plans for the TWA.
- Trans World Airlines Waits for Judge's Decision on Buyout Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p3
Reports that Trans World Airlines Inc. is awaiting a United States bankruptcy court's decision on the company's buyout deal with American Airlines Inc. Terms of the buyout deal; Proposed purchase value under the merger agreement; Overview on Trans World's filing for bankruptcy protection as...
- An Angry Icahn Is Delta's Best Hope. Kahn, Jeremy // Fortune;2/5/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the possibility that Carl Icahn will attempt to buy Trans World Airlines (TWA), in light of the airlines' possible merger with American Airlines. Plans of American to abrogate a contract between Icahn and TWA which allows him to buy discounted tickets and then resell them; Opinion of...
- SLICING UP THE SKY. Greenwald, John; Donnelly, Sally B.; Thompson, Mark; Thomas, Cathy Booth // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/22/2001, Issue 3, p42
Discusses the proposed mergers in the United States airlines industry in early 2001. Details of American Airlines' purchase of 20 percent of United Airlines after American's acquisition of Trans World Airlines; Approval needed for United's acquisition of US Airways; Speculation on how the...
- Local firm battled in TWA-American acquisition case. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p5B
Reports that Meltzer Lippe Goldstein and Schlissel attorney Bruce Zabarauskas won a temporary stay to block the proposed acquisition of assets of Trans World Airlines by American Airlines. American's assumption of the debt of TWA; Zabarauskas' efforts to protect the interests of a group of TWA...
- American Airlines, Jet Acquisitions Group bid to buy TWA. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p18
Reports on different bids to acquire Trans World Airlines in the United States. Acquisition bids and proposals for the bankrupt airline; Companies that expressed interest in purchasing Trans World Airlines; Government agencies involved in the sale of Trans World Airlines.
- American Tops Icahn's Bid for TWA. Moorman, Robert W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/12/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p45
Reports the increased bid of American Airlines Inc. for the bankrupt Trans World Airlines (TWA) Inc. in the United States. Amount of the assumable aircraft leases; Details on the financial difficulties of TWA; Plan of seeking additional concessions from employees.