Safety First: Caution Urged in Louisiana's Bold Bonding Plans
- Louisiana governor signs bond housekeeping bills. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p8
Reports that Louisiana Governor Mike Foster has approved a legislative bill on housekeeping bonds in the state. Provisions of the bill.
- Business savvy will serve the state well, Foster says. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p6
Profiles businessman Mike Foster. Previous business responsibilities; Bills authored; Work experience; Plan to run as governor of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Rough going at the top. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/19/96, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p5
Focuses on Governor Mike Foster and his political career. What his plan was; Reason; What Foster's allies did; What Foster is learning.
- Republicans win in Louisiana. // Education Week;11/29/95, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p14
Presents a photograph of Senator Mike Foster, the elected governor of Louisiana.
- Mike Foster's own hard act to follow. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/6/97, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Gives a review of Mike Foster's governship of New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1996. Examination of Foster's attitude toward affirmative action; Why he allowed legislature to consider the repeal of gambling; Money allocated to road and building repair; When he is expected to lower...
- Election code: What needs fixing? Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/13/97, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the governor of Louisiana, Mike Foster, and his move to encourage a restructuring of the election code. Reason given for this move; Queries on the move; Comments from a governor's aide; How the constitution has allowed a freeing up of finances.
- Foster rattling both sides. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/17/97, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p5
Criticizes Mike Foster for wanting to renew the fourth cent of the sales tax on food and utilities in Louisiana. Foster's goal of stabilizing the tax base; Details on Foster's view.
- Foster's behaved new world. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/17/98, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the achievements of Louisiana Governor Mike Foster. Cuts on welfare fraud; Federal grant received by the Department of Social Services; Cut off of Social Security checks to prison inmates; Department of Health and Hospitals' program for reducing Medicaid fraud.
- GOP win. // State Government News;Jan96, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p34
Profiles Louisiana Governor Mike Foster. Foster's election results from Louisiana; Foster's political career; Foster's campaign; Comments from Foster; Number of GOP governors in the United States for 1996; Other state election results.