Chicago Parks Group Goes to Court to Block Soldier Field Deal
- Soldier Field reconstruction begins despite opposition. Keegan, Ed // Architectural Record;Jun2002, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p34
Reports the court decision on the reuse of the Soldier Field football stadium for the Chicago Bears in Chicago, Illinois. Performance of selective demolition; Questions on the legality of the public/private funding; Construction schedule.
- Expansion brings new sparkle and excitement to San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA4
Reports that the City of San Diego, California, has made its mark in stadium history by upgrading, renovating and transforming the 30-year old structure of the Qualcomm Stadium into a state-of-the art facility. Details on what came with the renovation; Comments made by Bill Wilson, stadium...
- It's teamwork that brings Qualcomm Stadium project in ahead of schedule and on budget. Belock, Frank // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA10
Presents information on the renovation and expansion of the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California. Details on the challenges faced during this expansion and renovation; Reasons for the accomplishment of the project within the budget and ahead of schedule. INSET: Qualcomm Stadium expansion...
- Sports Mart latest stadium dream. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the renovation of the Cleveland Stadium in Ohio. Proposal for the construction of a sporting goods store adjacent the stadium; Thomas Zung and Richard Bowen as architects.
- Bearing down on a faulty Soldier Field rehab play. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
Argues against the proposed renovation of the Soldier Field football stadium, home of the Chicago Bears football team, in Chicago, Illinois. Estimated cost of renovation; Use of taxpayers' money to finance the project.
- White Sox Mull Use of Naming-Rights Proceeds to Renovate Comiskey Park. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p28
Reports that Major League Baseball's Chicago White Sox and the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority are negotiating ways to finance the renovation of Comiskey Park stadium using the sale proceeds from naming rights. Multi-million dollar annual payments for naming rights given to U.S. Cellular;...
- Underwriters Needed for Stadium Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p1
Reports the plans to raise funds for the renovation of the Green Bay Packers football stadium in Wisconsin. Selection of underwriters to manage the sale of revenue bonds for construction expenses; Evaluations of operating cost for the renovation; Details on other financial sources.
- Illinois Lawmakers OK Soldier Field Renovation. // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p1
Reports the lawmakers approval of renovation fund for the Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears in Chicago, Illinois. Results of the congressional vote of the fund; Support of Governor George Ryan for the renovation project; Use of the city and hotel state taxes for the project; Details on...
- FLORIDA: Stadium Shuffle in Miami? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32698, p9
The article reports that the University of Miami's Hurricanes football team would move to Dolphin Stadium from the Orange Bowl in 2008 in Miami. Florida. The move fueled speculation that government leaders will consider using the Orange Bowl site to build a new stadium for Major League...