Municipals Finish Little Changed; Week Awaits New Deals and Data
- Anchorage Bonding Measures Pass; Hotel Tax Hike Defeated. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the approval of general obligation bonds and the rejection of a hotel tax measure to finance a convention center on Anchorage, Alaska. Reimbursement for the school district's capital costs; Voters' support of bond measure for capital improvements; Percentage of absentee ballots.
- Columbus voters will decide on largest-ever bond request. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30604, p3
Reports that Columbus, Ohio will ask voters in November 1999 to approve as much as $1 billion in bonding authority to help carry out its five-year capital improvement plan. City's definition of enterprise bonds; City's plan to issue $56 million of revenue bonds.
- Munis Little Changed, Treasuries Weaken Ahead of Shortened Week. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Improvement of the capital investment; Expansion of the economy; Improvement of the manufacturing activity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 22.
- Ohio Bringing $300M GOs Amid Push for Income-Tax Cut. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34073, p1
The article informs that the government of Ohio has decided to come to market with 300 million dollars of new-money general obligation bonds for capital improvements to its higher-education facilities in March 2014.
- Miami-Dade Set to Sell $600M for Airport CIP. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p1
The article reports on the plan of Miami-Dade County to offer 600 million dollars of aviation revenue bonds. It notes that the move aims to contribute for the financing of the capital improvement program (CIP) at Miami International Airport. Meanwhile, a plan to set up financing efforts with the...
- Katy, Tex., capital improvements are in the hands of voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30802, p32
Focuses on the January 22, 2000 referendum in Katy, Texas on whether residents will allow the city to issue $18 million in bonds to fund capital improvement projects. Sales tax windfall following the opening of the Katy Mills Mall; Proposed projects of the city.
- Port of Seattle Budget Approved. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;12/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34423, p1
The Port of Seattle Commission has approved a $408.4 million budget for 2016 that includes extensive infrastructure investments as part of a more than $2 billion capital improvement plan.
- Houston Ready for Takeoff. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p1
Focuses on the sale of revenue bonds by the city of Houston, Texas, in October 2000. Amount to be raised by the city for airport expansion and improvements; Financial adviser and bond counsel for the sale of revenue bonds; Credit rating for Houston.
- Houston airport debt swells to take advantage of rates. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p12
Reports that the city of Houston, Texas has increased its airport revenue bond sale in order to take advantage of low interest rates. Increase in the original $200 million bonds to $631 million; Types of spending needed for the airport; Ratings for the bonds by Moody's Investors Service.