- Distinct P-Element Excision Products in Somatic and Germline Cells of Drosophila melanogaster. Gloor, Gregory B.; Moretti, Jessica // Genetics;Aug2000, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p1821
Examines footprints remaining after somatic P-element excision from Drosophila melanogaster white locus. Description of the footprints; Impact of expressing Drosophila homologue of the Ku70 protein on the structure of somatic footprints; Relevance of Ku70 to double-strand break repair by...
- Crystal structure of the nuclear Ras-related protein Ran in its GDP-bound form. Scheffzek, Klaus; Klebe, Christian // Nature;3/23/1995, Vol. 374 Issue 6520, p378
Investigates the structure of the Ran protein in humans. Comparison of Ran's crystal structure with that of Ras proteins; Position of the amino-terminal stretch and the acidic tail in the crystal structure.
- Dissecting protein loops with a statistical scalpel suggests a functional implication of some structural motifs. // BMC Bioinformatics;2011 Supplement 6, Vol. 12 Issue Suppl 6, p247
The article offers information on the study conducted related to the search particular structural motifs that are known to be shared by proteins with a given function. It states that the study also investigates the functional implication of over-represented structural motifs. It mentions that an...
- Using an alignment of fragment strings for comparing protein structures. Iddo Friedberg; Tim Harder // Bioinformatics;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pe219
Motivation: Most methods that are used to compare protein structures use three-dimensional (3D) structural information. At the same time, it has been shown that a 1D string representation of local protein structure retains a degree of structural information. This type of representation can be a...
- Letter to the Editor: Resonance assignment and secondary structure of an N-terminal fragment of the human La protein. Alfano, Caterina; Babon, Jeff; Kelly, Geoff; Curry, Stephen; Conte, Maria R. // Journal of Biomolecular NMR;Sep2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p93
Presents a letter to the editor regarding resonance assignment and secondary structure of an N-terminal fragment of the human La protein.
- Crystal structure of Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase. Kim, Youngsoo; Eom, Soo Hyun // Nature;8/17/1995, Vol. 376 Issue 6541, p612
Determines the structure of Thermus aquaticus (Taq) DNA polymerase. Diffraction of crystals of intact Taq polymerase; Comparison of Taq structure with Klenow fragment (KF) structure; Thermal stability of Taq polymerase.
- Fast structure similarity searches among protein models: efficient clustering of protein fragments. // Algorithms for Molecular Biology;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses a study on an alternative algorithm for comparing structure similarity in protein models. The study conducted an all-vs-all root mean square deviation (RMSD) comparison which focuses on non-similar data set structures. The study revealed that the algorithm used allows fast...
- Friday's Footprint (Book). Goetz, William R. // Studies in the Novel;Fall80, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p261
Reviews the book 'Friday's Footprint: Structuralism and the Articulated Text,' by Wesley Morris.
- Friday's Footprint: Structuralism and the Articulated Text. Grossman, Marshall // Clio;Fall81, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p91
The article reviews the book "Friday's Footprint: Structuralism and the Articulated Text," by Wesley Morris.
- DBAli tools: mining the protein structure space. Marti-Renom, Marc A.; Pieper, Ursula; Madhusudhan, M. S.; Rossi, Andrea; Eswar, Narayanan; Davis, Fred P.; Al-Shahrour, F�tima; Dopazo, Joaqu�n; Sali, Andrej // Nucleic Acids Research;2007, Vol. 35 Issue suppl_2, pW393
The DBAli tools use a comprehensive set of structural alignments in the DBAli database to leverage the structural information deposited in the Protein Data Bank (PDB). These tools include (i) the DBAlit program that allows users to input the 3D coordinates of a protein structure for comparison...