- Geriatric trauma: resource use and patient outcomes. McKevitt, Elaine C.; Calvert, Eric; Ng, Alex; Simons, Richard K.; Kirkpatrick, Andrew W.; Appleton, Leanne; Brown, Ross G. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p211
Determines the characteristics and outcomes of elderly trauma patients. Attempt to determine what outcome measures future multidisciplinary care pathways should target; Demographic information for the study patients; Complications experienced by elderly patients.
- Analysis predicts outcomes. // Ophthalmology Times;2/19/96, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p17
Studies patient and operative characteristics that predict outcome to photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). Includes patient age, gender and medical history; Attempted correction; Optical zone size; Relative odds of falling outside defined PRK outcomes.
- Predictors of cognitive improvement after reality orientation in Alzheimer's disease. Zanetti, Orazio; Oriani, Monica; Geroldi, Cristina; Binetti, Giuliano; Frisoni, Giovanni B.; Di Giovanni, Giuseppina; De Vreese, Luc P. // Age & Ageing;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p193
Presents a study that evaluated retrospectively which demographic and clinical characteristics of Alzheimer's patients predict cognitive outcomes. Clinical characteristics of patients who respond to reality orientation; Methodology; Results and discussion.
- Returning home after acute hospitalization in two French teaching hospitals: Predictive value of... Zureik, Mahmoud; Lang, Thierry // Age & Ageing;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p227
Investigates the roles of aged patients' characteristics and patients' and principal carers' wishes about patients returning home in predicting the outcome of hospitalization for elderly patients admitted to acute medical care units in Paris, France. Definition of the outcome of hospitalization;...
- Patient characteristics may help predict clinical outcome in CLL. // Hem/Onc Today;4/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses a study on the role of identifying patient characteristics related to complete response, time to treatment failure and overall survival (OS) in predicting clinical outcome for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Prognostic and predictive factors in a randomized phase III trial comparing cisplatinâ€“pemetrexed versus cisplatinâ€“gemcitabine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Syrigos, K. N.; Vansteenkiste, J.; Parikh, P.; von Pawel, J.; Manegold, C.; Martins, R. G.; Simms, L.; Sugarman, K. P.; Visseren-Grul, C.; Scagliotti, G. V. // Annals of Oncology;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p556
Background: Baseline patient and disease characteristics are investigated in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in an effort to predict response to treatment and optimize patientsâ€™ outcomes. Histology has recently been identified in multiple NSCLC phase III trials as a predictive factor...
- hCG Levels May Predict Pregnancy Outcome and Multiple Gestation. // Fertility Weekly;9/23/2002, p8
Reports on the ability of serum human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) measurements on predicting pregnancy outcome and multiple gestation after in vitro fertilization (IVF) in Hungary. Increase in risk for patients undergoing IVF for an adverse outcome of pregnancy compared with women who...
- Response to "Brachial Systolic Blood Pressure Fails to Predict Short-Term Outcome in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: What About Central Systolic Pressure?". Tziomalos, Konstantinos; Giampatzis, Vasilios; Bouziana, Stella D.; Spanou, Marianna; Papadopoulou, Maria; Kostaki, Stavroula; Dourliou, Vasiliki; Papagianni, Marianthi; Savopoulos, Christos; Hatzitolios, Apostolos I. // American Journal of Hypertension;Sep2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1181
A response from the author of the article "Brachial Systolic Blood Pressure Fails to Predict Short-Term Outcome in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: What About Central Systolic Pressure?" in the previous issue is presented.
- Infarct artery patency, ACE inhibitor use predict post-MI... // Geriatrics;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p86
States that patency of an infarct-related artery and treatment with an ACE inhibitor independently predict a favorable outcome for patients with ventricular dysfunction. What study involved; Diagnosis for patients with occluded arteries. INSET: How ACE inhibitor, patency affect post-MI outcomes..
- Which Variables Are Associated With Patient-reported Outcomes After Discectomy? Review of SPORT Disc Herniation Studies. Koerner, John; Glaser, Jordan; Radcliff, Kristen // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jun2015, Vol. 473 Issue 6, p2000
Background: The Spine Patient Outcomes Research Trial (SPORT) evaluated the effects of surgery versus nonoperative treatment for lumbar intervertebral disc herniation (IDH), among other pathologies. Multiple subgroup analyses have been completed since the initial publications, which have further...