- Response to `A Home-Based Program for the Treatment of Acute Psychosis'. Warner, Richard // Community Mental Health Journal;Apr97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p163
Comments on the article `A Home-Based Program for the Treatment of Acute Psychosis,' by Donald Wasylenki et al published in the April 1997 issues of the `Community Mental Health Journal.' Cost of treatment; Use of mobile treatment teams; Home-based treatment as less coercive and alienating;...
- International institutions and economic sanctions. Mansfield, Edward D. // World Politics;Jul95, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p575
Reviews the books `Coercive Cooperation: Explaining Multilateral Economic Sanctions,' by Lisa L. Martin and `Economic Containment: COCOM and the Politics of East-West Trade,' by Michael Mastanduno.
- Asian and Non-Asian Attitudes Toward Rape, Sexual Harassment, and Sexuality. Kennedy, M. Alexis; Gorzalka, Boris B. // Sex Roles;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7/8, p227
Presents a study which explored the potential differences between the Asian and non-Asian university students in attitudes toward coercive and non-coercive sexual behavior. Ethnocultural and gender differences of students from Asian countries; Comparison on the effects of ethnicity and gender...
- German integration: One country or two? Schlund, Wulf // Brandweek;05/04/98, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p31
Discusses the rocky road to economic recovery that Germany has been trekking since the reunification of East and West Germany in 1990. Collapse of East Germany's economy which led to record unemployment levels; Emergence of opponents of the reunification; Difference between East and West...
- EAST-WEST TRADE: U.S. POLICY VERSUS EUROPEAN INTERESTS. Woolcock, Stephen // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Spring83, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Discusses differences in the attitudes of the Western European governments and the U.S. administration toward the East-West trade. Background on East-West trade relations; Role played by the U.S. State Department in shaping the government's policy towards East-West trade; U.S. sanctions against...
- East West Journal. Gengle, Dean // Advocate;2/11/76, Issue 183, p36
Reviews the book 'East West Journal.'
- Cultural Beliefs and Attitudes about Disability in East Africa. Stone-MacDonald, Angi; Butera, Gretchen // Review of Disability Studies: An International Journal;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p62
This interpretive literature review of cultural beliefs and attitudes about disability in East Africa identified themes in four categories including (a) the causes of disability, (b) attitudes towards disability, (c) treatment of people with disabilities, and (d) language about disability....
- ATTITUDES OF POLICE TOWARD SUICIDE: EAST COAST VERSUS WEST COAST. Ramos, Orlando; Lester, David // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec2009, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p649
A study of attitudes toward suicide in 150 police officers identified few differences by age or sex, but the 75 officers on the west coast showed more negative attitudes toward suicide than did the 75 officers on the east coast, and were less inclined to view suicide as an option for themselves.
- Industrial East-West cooperation and the business cycle. // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Spring/Summer78, Vol. 14 Issue 1/2, p158
Studies East-West industrial cooperation agreements in order to evaluate the cooperative undertaking and its implications on the trade volume of the cooperating partners. Statistics on the number of East-West undertakings; Monetary value of East-West cooperative undertakings; Concentration of...
- Examining Chinese Consumers' Attitude towards E-Book Adoption: When East Meets West - A Cross Culture Comparison. Hsieh, Sara; Lee, Crystal; Yentzu Liu // Advances in Consumer Research - Asia-Pacific Conference Proceedi;2011, Vol. 9, p166
An abstract of the research study "Examining Chinese Consumers' Attitude Towards E-Book Adoption: When East Meets West: A Cross Culture Comparison," by Sara Hsieh, Crystal Lee, and Yentzu Liu is presented.