- Ethical and legal issues associated with the use of aversives in the public schools: The SIBIS... Jacob-Timm, Susan // School Psychology Review;1996, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p184
Explores the ethical and legal issues of using equipment and systems to treat self-injurious behavior in children. Case examples; Effectivity of pharmacological, protective and educational interventions; Legal statutes covering the children's right to treatment and right to self-determination.
- Cultural and Ethical Issues for Psychological Interventions of the Future. Caccavale, John // NAPPP Monthly Newsletter;Oct2016, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
An essay is presented about the cultural and ethical issues for psychological interventions by psychologists in the future. Also cited are the changes in such interventions as psychodynamic therapy and behavior therapy, the bureaucratic factors that affect how psychologists treat their patients,...
- LawPole. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb83, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p154
Presents the results of the study on the ethical and behavioral issues towards lay participation in the legal profession. Self-regulation in legal profession.
- As the definition of loyalty shifts, employees ask what they owe their employers. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;11/22/99, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p80
Answers questions on employee loyalty. Distinction between legal agreements and ethical behavior; Definition of employee loyalty; Issue on employee resignation.
- Temptations of the Sirens: Ethical Issues in Libraries. Cihak, Herbert E.; Howland, Joan S. // Law Library Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p531
In this article, librarians are challenged and encouraged to integrate ethical analysis into all aspects of library decision making. An approach to ethical issues in the work-place is outlined, and difficult ethical situations are viewed through the prism of a culture of ethical behavior.
- HIV preventive vaccine research: Selected ethical issues. Grady, Christine // Journal of Medicine & Philosophy;Dec94, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p595
Examines the various issues which presents ethical challenges unique to the development and testing of preventive HIV vaccines. Developments in large scale efficacy testing of vaccines; Incorporation of behavioral interventions into the study of vaccine efficacy; Mitigation of social harms...
- perspective. Paine, Lynn Sharp // Regional Review;2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Presents an organizational approach to ethics. Ethical issues regarding the accounting malpractice case involving Enron; Influence of corporate roles on behavior; Role of the legal and regulatory systems in promoting ethical norms of a business.
- Ethical Negotiating: Negotiating Ethically. Greenstone, James L.; Leviton, Sharon C. // Negotiator Magazine;Feb2013, p1
Ethical negotiating? Is this the all-time oxymoron? Ethical? Legal? Moral? Ethical v. Legal; Ethical v. Moral; Legal v. moral; moral v. ethical. Can a behavior be ethical and not legal? Legal behavior be legal and not moral? Moral but not legal? Are these separate issues or are they really all...
- Criminal Discussion. Fuentes, Carlos // Humanist;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p2
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Criminal Behavior and the Ethics of Biological Intervention,' by Bob Weyant in the September/October 2005 issue.
- What Would You Do? Bucaro, Frank // National Public Accountant;May2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the issue of business ethics. Case example of how one would exercise ethics; Why some businesses stumble into unethical behavior; Guidelines for determining if a business treats customers ethically.