- Ethical dilemmas in psychiatry. // Danish Council of Ethics Annual Report;2011, p4
The article discusses the ethical dilemmas associated to psychiatry. It notes the Council of Ethics' involvement to visibility and debate on how the society manages severe mental illness. The working party regards coercion used in individual patient treatment as a good point for work on...
- A Transcultural Integrative Model for Ethical Decision Making in Counseling. Garcia, Jorge G.; Cartwright, Brenda; Winston, Stacey M.; Borzuchowska, Barbara // Journal of Counseling & Development;Summer2003, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p268
The Transcultural Integrative Ethical Decision-Making Model in counseling addresses the need for including cultural factors in the process of ethical dilemma resolution. This transcultural model incorporates state-of-the-art concepts from multicultural theory into an ethical decision-making...
- Political dissent and 'sluggish' schizophrenia in the Soviet Union. Wilkinson, Greg // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/13/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6548, p641
Focuses on psychiatry and psychiatric drugs misuse in the Soviet Union. Influence of politics on psychiatry; Classification of schizophrenia; Discussion on the ethical aspects of psychiatry.
- Defunding UNFPA: A Moral Analysis: Is there evidence of coercion in China's family planning Program? Green, Ronald M. // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p29
Looks at coercion in China's family planning program. Global consequences of ethical decisions made by Washington DC; Question of forced abortions and sterilizations; Aspects of the moral dilemma surrounding coerced abortion and involuntary sterilization; Whether the circumstances in China would...
- Transcultural Psychiatry. Goldberg, David // British Journal of Psychiatry;Mar73, Vol. 122 Issue 568, p359
The article reviews the book "Transcultural Psychiatry," by Ari Kiev.
- Transcultural Psychiatry. Cox, John L. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Apr91, Vol. 158, p579
The reflects on the author's perspective regarding transcultural psychiatry. With this, the author aims to name some books which can help establish good practice in multicultural Great Britain and are useful reference texts for teaching and research. It has been explained that the academic and...
- Teaching ethics in psychiatry: A one-day workshop for clinical students. Green, Ben; Miller, Paul D. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Aug95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p234
Describes a workshop used in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Liverpool in England designed to enhance ethical sensitivity in psychiatry. Errors in the ethical practice of psychiatry and doctors' defense mechanisms against accepting responsibility for deficiencies; Student...
- Shades of normality (Book Review). Burr, Angela // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/1/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6555, p1165
Reviews the book 'Transcultural Psychiatry,' edited by J.L. Cox.
- Book Reviews. Engelsmann, Frank // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p183
Reviews the book `Clinical Methods in Transcultural Psychiatry,' edited by Samuel O. Okpaku.
- Care or custody? Ethical dilemmas in forensic psychiatry. Adshead, Gwen // Journal of Medical Ethics;Oct2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p302
Editorial. Discusses ethical dilemmas in forensic psychiatry. Vulnerability of forensic patients to exploitation and injustice; Difficulties faced by forensic practitioners in relation to the autonomy of their patients; Concerns within forensic psychiatry about not doing harm to patients.