- Popular OTC Supplement Works. // HealthFacts;Mar2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the declaration of an over-the-counter dietary supplement called S-Adenosylmethionine (SAM-e) as an effective treatment for depression, osteoarthritis and liver disease. Outcome of the drug's clinical trials; Efficacy of the drug for certain types of liver disease; Effect of SAM-e on...
- SAM-e SO-SO. Schardt, David // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the physiological and therapeutic effects of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e). Information on SAM-e; Treatment for depression; Treatment for osteoarthritis. INSETS: THE BOTTOM LINE;SAM-e STRIKES OUT.
- Exclusive Interview With Leading SAMe Researcher. // Life Extension;Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p35
Interviews S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe) researcher Richard Brown. Description of SAMe as a natural occurring compound found in living cells; Importance of the production of SAMe in cellular metabolism; Amount of SAMe to be taken by people with arthritis.
- SAMe: A dietary remedy for mind and body? Cerrato, Paul L.; Rowell, Nancy // RN;Dec99, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p61
Dwals with S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) amino acid used for the treatment of clinical depression and osteoarthritis in the United States. How SAMe affects brain chemistry; Potential advantage of SAMe over conventional anti-depressants; How SAMe benefit patients with osteoarthritis; Concern in...
- Dealing with depression. Torkos, Sherry // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;May2007, Issue 295, p64
The article focuses on the natural alternatives for depression treatment. The author cites and discusses the effectiveness of these alternatives, which include S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe), 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), and St. John's wort. She also addressed the importance of fish oil and...
- SAMe Supplements Tested. // Nutraceuticals World;Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p23
The article reports that dietary supplements with SAMe (Sadenosyl-methionine) for treatment of osteoarthritis and depression have been tested by ConsumerLab.com LLC and found that only seven out of 10 SAMe supplements have met all quality criteria.
- Can One Substance Treat Both Osteoarthritis and Depression? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Nov99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), a substance that treats osteoarthritis and depression. Side effects of SAMe; How the supplement works.
- Using a Multisectoral Approach to Assess HIV/AIDS Services in the Western Region of Puerto Rico. Toro, Gloria Asencio; Burns, Patricia; Pimentel, Daniel; Peraza, Luis Raúl Sánchez; Lugo, Carmen Rivera // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2006, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p995
The Enhancing Care Initiative of Puerto Rico assessed services available to people living with HIV/ AIDS in the western region of Puerto Rico. Participants were 212 people living with HIV/AIDS and 116 employees from 6 agencies providing HIV/AIDS services in the region. Two main findings were...
- INSOMNIA in HIV/AIDS. Phillips, Kenneth D.; Branson, Scobie // Sleep Review;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the relationship between insomnia and Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS). An overview on AIDS is presented including developments related to its treatment. Insomnia among people living with HIV/AIDS is discussed including the...
- HIV in primary care. Tung, Mun-Yee; Sullivan, Ann // GP: General Practitioner;9/1/2006, p38
The article focuses on the communicable disease, HIV/AIDS. HIV is managed as a chronic disease only when a patient is diagnosed while asymptomatic. People who are effected by the life threatening virus of HIV are filled with psychosocial issues including depression and anxiety disorders. Routine...