LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning Latvia. Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovski has created a government which comprises of New Era, Civic Union, For Fatherland and Freedom/LNNK, the People's Party and the Union of Greens and Farmers. The country's industrial production contracted by 23...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Latvia including the need to cut social spending of the government which was indicated by the finance ministry, the unemployment rate which decreased to 19.4 percent during the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- Latvia: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Latvia Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Latvia including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- Partner Links. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p126
The article lists the international and regional partners who have contributed in giving economic and political information related to Latvia including Center for International Business Studies, Asian Country Information, and Business News Americas.
- Country Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions in Latvia including its independence from foreign dominion from Russia, implementation of a comprehensive economic reform, and the worsening economic crisis which triggered an unprecedented riot.
- Riga is a ghost town. Pyzik, Agata // New Statesman;8/16/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5170, p17
The article looks at political and economic conditions in Latvia as of August 2013, noting the austerity economic policies the country has followed in recent years and its planned entry into the eurozone and discussing youth out-migration and conflict between ethnic Latvians and other residents.
- CIA: The World Factbook: Latvia. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p375
The article presents facts on the economic, political, and demographical structure of Latvia as of 2011. It says that this European Union (EU) member is located in Eastern Europe with an estimated population of 2,204,708. It mentions that its parliamentary democratic government is led by...
- Latvia. // CIA World Fact Book;2016/2017, Vol. 53, p424
A country report for Latvia is presented from Central Intelligence Agency, with topics including economic condition; political structure; and information on its transportation.