POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Poland: Room For Another 25bps Cut? // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the move of the National Bank of Poland to cut interest rates in August 2005. Increase in year-on-year retail sales; Overview of political conditions in the country; Status of government spending.
- Inflation Likely To Peak Above 5% In August. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
This article presents an outlook for the economy of Poland, as of September 2008. End year inflation is expected to come in at 3.2% due to price pressures easing through the latter months of 2008. The substantial tightening of monetary policy by the National Bank of Poland has helped to rein in...
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
The article presents political and economic news related to Poland. With all indicators of public support pointing to a victory for a centre-right coalition of the Polish political parties Civic Platform and Law and Justice Party in the parliamentary elections of September 2005, there is concern...
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Poland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article provides an overview of the monetary system of Poland. It mentions that zloty is the sole legal tender in Poland which operates on a free float and added that its value can be determined through demand and supply. It notes the National Bank of Poland (NBP) which pursues an...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2009, p2
The article forecasts the economic and political conditions of the country Poland. It states that the main hindrance to Polish ratification of the Libson Treaty was the Kaczynski brothers and that there is a need for a referendum to secure ratification. The tightening monetary policy is believed...
- Poland September core inflation weakens. // Regional Today;10/17/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report released by National Bank of Poland on October 16, 2013 regarding the decrease of the core inflation of the country to 1.3% in September 2013.
- Poland core inflation rises in February. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in Poland's core inflation rate in February 2014, according to data shown by the National Bank of Poland on March 17, 2014.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;7/8/2013, p2
The article reports on the decline of Poland's foreign reserves in June 2013 from the previous month, according to the National Bank of Poland.
- PICKING UP SPEED. Ratajczyk, Andrzej // Warsaw Voice;Dec2013, Issue 12, Special section p36
The article presents a forecast by National Bank of Poland which reveals expansion of the country's economy and gross domestic product in 2013 along with issues of decline in unemployment rate in the country.