BoP: Structural Change Underway
- External Sector: Recent Developments. // Italy Country Monitor;Mar2012, p21
The article reports on the condition of the external sector of Italy in 2011. It notes that exports of goods and services climbed by 1.6 percent quarter-on-quarter (q/q) in the third quarter of 2011, compared with earnings of 1.0 percent q/q in the second quarter of 2011. It mentions that the...
- Utah Legislature Fills $354M Gap With Spending Cuts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32972, p6
The article reports that Utah lawmakers are rebalancing the state's $354 million budget shortfall. To do so, lawmakers cut spending but did not approve the issuance of $150 million of transportation bonds in the process. The cuts will cost thousands of state residents their health benefits, and...
- On the Defensive. // Financial Planning;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p22
Analyzes the performance of commodity futures and foreign bonds in 2005 in the U.S. Information on how commodity futures generates their returns; Result of the lower absolute yields on foreign bonds; Explanation on the continued increase of the country's current-account deficit.
- Full-Year C/A Surplus Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the economic outlook for Estonia. The current account would probably remain in surplus as Estonia continues to experience a financial account deficit in the second half of 2009. The country would post a 1.6% gross domestic product, the forecast of 220 million euros current...
- Current Account Surplus Narrowing. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Aug2006, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the decline of the Brazilian current account surplus. Compared to May 2005 figures, which was US$597 million, the country's current account surplus declined in May 2006 by 20% to US$475 million. The year-on-year decline reflects a major upturn in the country's profit...
- U.S. International Transactions: First Quarter of 2013. // Survey of Current Business;Jul2013, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p64
The article provides information on the international transactions of the U.S. for the first quarter of 2013. It states that the current-account deficit of the U.S. rose to $106.3 billion in the first quarter of 2013 from $102.3 billion in the fourth quarter of 2012. It says that the rise in...
- Current Account Deficit Grows $109B in 1st Quarter. Ackerman, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/18/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the growth of the current account deficit of the U.S. into 109 billion dollars in the first quarter of 2010.
- Czech July current account deficit rises. // Regional Today;9/16/2014, p3
The article reports the rise in current account deficit of Czech Republic in July 2014.
- Turkey's current account deficit narrows in November 2015. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/12/2016, p1
The article reports on fall in Turkey's current account deficit 2.105 billion dollars in November 2015.