- Baltimore expands video-surveillance program. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;8/15/2011, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of 12 new cameras by the city government of Baltimore, Maryland for its CitiWatch video-surveillance program in 2011. It says that the move aimed to improve the security of the city's residents. It notes that the crime rate reduced by 25% in 2010 since the...
- Axis Communications. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p77
The article presents a corporate profile for Axis Communications Inc., an innovative market leader in network video and print servers, based in Massachusetts. The firm's products and solutions are focused on applications including security surveillance, remote monitoring and document management,...
- The Driving Force in Network Video. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2010 Supplement, Vol. 40, p8
The article presents the corporate profile for U.S.-based Axis Communications Inc. The company helps customers to make the most of network video. It expands the potential and capabilities of network video to help customers achieve the best possible video surveillance solution. It offers...
- Cisco Joins Partner Program. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2008, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on the joining of Cisco to the Axis Communication's Application Development Partner (ADP) program in the U.S. It says that the event will allow Cisco integrate its support for Axis network video products and cooperate the information processing video surveillance solutions....
- Add Audio to a Security Camera System. McDonald, Anne B.; Brandt, Andrew // PCWorld;Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p62
Evaluates the Axis Communications Axis 2191 Audio Module security camera system. Features; Price.
- Analytics Rings Up More Retail Sales. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p56
The article highlights the importance of video surveillance for business operations. According to Alan Lipton, chief technology officer of Lenel/UTC Fire & Security, videos are theft deterrent and more valuable when coupled with analytics into the business processes and business intelligence...
- Company Showcases. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p98
The article evaluates several security equipment, including the Axis 215 PTZ compact camera from Axis Communications, the Firetide HotPort ethernet-based wireless mesh infrastructure from Firetide Inc., and the Digital Sprite 2 for security surveillance from Dedicated Micros Inc.
- Someone is watching you--or not. // Architectural Record;Mar1996, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p11
Reports that the installation of acoustic sensors that can pinpoint gunshots within ten yards has reduced the crime rate in Redwood, California.
- New Study Proves IP Video Systems Can Be Less Costly than Analog. Humphrey, Chris // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the study released by Axis Communications of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. The study was initiated in order to develop an understanding of the total cost of ownership for both an analog surveillance system and an Internet Protocol (IP)-based video surveillance system. After...