Can piezoelectric accelerometers be used to actively damp the mechanical suspensions in laser
- Amplifier compensates piezoelectric-rate gyros. Travis; Swager, Bill // EDN;12/09/99, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p166
Suggests the use of a servo amplifier to remove the dc level shift in low-power, low-cost ceramic piezoelectric rate gyros. Linking of the dc level shift to temperature-related drift effects; Applications of the gyros; Setting of time constant of the servo-loop based on the dynamics of the system.
- Piezoelectric Sensing Technologies for Product Mechanical Impact and Packaging Testing. Change, Dave // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul2010, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses the use of piezoelectric accelerometers for mechanical impact testing of product prototypes and packaging.
- Piezoelectric accelerometers move toward OEMs. // Machine Design;08/19/99, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p118
Provides information on piezoelectric (PE) accelerometers. Features of PE accelerometers; How the high-impedance piezoelectric sensors work; Background of the internal electronics piezoelectric accelerometers; Description of the smart sensors.
- Piezoelectric accelerometer is Meggitt's smallest. // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2011, Issue 2477, p24
The article offers information on piezoelectric accelerometer 25A from Meggitt PLC.
- Miniature teardrop. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Nov2012, p47
The article offers information on Dytran's accelerometers 3225M36 and 3225M37 ultra-miniature teardrop integrated electronic piezoelectric (IEPE).
- Piezoelectric accelerometer boasts economy & smooth integration into OEM designs. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p105
Features Endevco Inc.'s piezoPAK accelerometers. Key specifications; Applications in electronic design; Functions; Available versions; Product design.
- Review: Fifty years plus of accelerometer history for shock and vibration (1940â€“1996). Walter, Patrick L. // Shock & Vibration;1999, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p197
This article summarizes the history of accelerometer development and the subsequent evolution of the commercial accelerometer industry. The focus is primarily on piezoelectric and piezoresistive accelerometers, although early resistance-bridge-type accelerometers are also described. The pioneer...
- Measure a changing duty cycle. Weinberg, Harvey // Test & Measurement World;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p25
Presents information on making duty-cycle measurements with a counter. Measurement of the noise performance of an Analog Devices ADXL202 accelerometer; Example that illustrates the problem in using a counter.
- Simultaneous sensing and actuation with a piezoelectric tube scanner. Moheimani, S. O. Reza; Yong, Yuen K. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul2008, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p073702
Piezoelectric tube scanners with quartered external electrodes are the most widely used nanopositioning technology in modern scanning probe microscopes. There has been increasing interest in utilizing feedback control techniques to improve bandwidth and accuracy of these nanopositioners. The use...