- Changing Lives Through Laughter. Weil, Nancy // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Jun2013, pA8
The article discusses ways for appreciating employees' efforts which can motivate them to do even better job through employer to employee, employee to employer, employee to client and client to employee relationship.
- Influence of Motivation on Performance in the Public Security Sector with a Focus to the Police Force in Nairobi, Kenya. Susan, Were M.; Gakure, R. W.; Kiraithe, E. K.; Waititu, A. G. // International Journal of Business & Social Science;Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p195
The central problem of this study is that despite the government reform efforts in the Security sector, performance has continued to deteriorate with criminal activities increasing by the day. Challenges leading to this dismal performance have not been adequately investigated and well...
- Focus on the past, not the future, to lift performance. // Managing People at Work;Apr2012, Issue 361, p5
The article offers suggestions on motivating employees and recommends on reflecting the individual's daily performance and communication skill.
- Getting to the Heart of Employee Engagenment. Landes, Les // Public Relations Tactics;Jun2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p17
The article discusses the importance of the role of communications professionals in fostering employee engagement in businesses to motivate employees to improve their job performance and how such approach can be done with the idea of imagination and free will in the workplace.
- Three goals for March. // Managing People at Work;Mar2012, Issue 360, p1
The article discusses the three goals for enhancing labor performance for March 2012 which involve employee priorities, agreement-seeking proposals and motivation.
- Coach for better results by stepping back. // Managing People at Work;Mar2012, Issue 360, p5
The article provides tips for coaching employees effectively by stepping back, using motivation tools for producing better performance and allowing them to experiment with process improvements.
- 6 tips to address slipping performance. // Manager's Legal Bulletin;11/1/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p1
The article provides six tips on how managers can address the declining job performance of an employee including the conduct of an empathetic inquiry, the use of a fact-question method and performance improvement plan, and explaining the consequences and improvement of the performance.
- Employee Motivation. McKenna, Terry // National Petroleum News;Oct2011, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p10
The author discusses the effectiveness of extrinsic and intrinsic approaches to employee motivation in the U.S. He states that a decline in job performance is usually addressed by incentive programs instead of initiatives for the development of leadership skills. The author notes that meaningful...
- GAME ON. Papworth, Bob // Buying Business Travel;Sep/Oct2011, Issue 52, p92
The article discusses gamification which is a form of incentivisation which invites people to compete for prizes or rewards by adopting a practice or behaviour in the U.S. It is described as the trend that employs game mechanics to non-game environments including innovation, marketing, employee...