- Blacklist claim. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jun2009, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on a legal claim lodged by Mick Dooley, prospective head of the Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT), against the construction firm Sir Robert McAlpine with the British employment tribunal on April 29, 2009. The move was made after he found out that he...
- Legal. // Contract Journal;11/22/2006, Vol. 436 Issue 6602, p23
The article reports that Sir Robert McAlpine has won a partial legal victory in a bid to prevent allegations of fraud in relation to its 1990s Hampden football stadium contract from being publicly aired at an industrial tribunal. Quantity surveyor David Telford is pursuing a claim of unfair...
- McAlpine faces claim from blacklisted bricklayer. // Contract Journal;5/6/2009, Vol. 446 Issue 6721, p6
The article reports that Sir Robert McAlpine is facing a claim from Mick Dooley, a blacklisted bricklayer who believes he was turned down for work by the company. Dooley, who is currently challenging to be the next general secretary of Ucatt, has lodged his claim with the Employment Tribunal....
- COURSES & CONFERENCES. // Employers Law;Jun2009, p26
The article offers information on the IRS Workshop on equal pay to be held in London, England on June 25, 2009 and the IRS Conference on the management of transfer of undertakings protection of employment (TUPE) transfers to be held in London on July 15, 2009.
- The Transmission of Liability for Exposure to Asbestos: Bavaird v Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd in the Inner House. Hogg, Martin // Edinburgh Law Review;May2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p270
The article discusses the judgment of the Inner House of the Court of Session in case Bavaird v. Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. The court held that liability for the exposure to asbestos of a council worker, and his subsequent death from mesothelioma, passed to South Lanarkshire Council (SLC). It also...
- Links sues builders over leaking pipes. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer;10/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the launch of a 3.5 million British pounds claim by law firm Linklaters LLP against construction and civil engineering company, Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. in connection with the renovation of the firm's headquarters in London, England. Water pipes of the building were...
- Shepherd and McAlpine in payment bust-up. // Contract Journal;9/9/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6735, p4
The article reports on the payment bust up legal case between Shepherd Engineering Services Ltd. (SES) and Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. in the construction industry in Great Britain. SES has moved for a legal action on the claims of McAlpine that it only owed their company over 42,500 pound instead...
- The trouble with tipping. Craigie, Jim // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2010, Issue 125, p42
The article presents advice for Australians traveling abroad on how much money they should tip to service staff at establishments in countries such as the U.S., Mexico, France and South Africa.
- State of Origin tipping. // Travel Daily;5/26/2014, p3
The article offers information on the State of Origin tipping competition for"Travel Daily" readers in 2014.