Job losses loom at BT
- BT doubles job cuts to 30,000. // Computer Weekly;5/19/2009, p6
The article reports that BT Group PLC (BT) has announced plans to cut 15,000 more jobs after reporting massive losses for its latest financial year. It is restructuring its Global Services business, which reportedly had a disastrous year. The company reported a Â£134m loss for the year,...
- DATAMONITOR: BT Group plc. // BT Group, PLC - SWOT Analysis;Apr2010, p1
A company profile of BT Group PLC, one of the world's leading communications services companies based in London, England is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenue. A SWOT analysis is provided which...
- Infonet: no place for bit players. Hibbert, Paul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p17
This article discusses role of telecommunication companies in enhancing profits of multinational corporations. The biggest worry for all network service providers is the propensity of multinational corporations to choose systems integrators for their outsourcing or out-tasking needs, which would...
- BT Group plc SWOT Analysis. // BT Group, PLC - SWOT Analysis;Mar2014, p1
The article presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis of British telecommunications services firm BT Group PLC. Topics discussed include its financial performance in the fiscal year to March 2013, strengths such as broadband-based services and favorable...
- BT Unveils App to Manage Roaming Calls. // Voice & Data;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the launch of "BT One Voice" to manage roaming calls for the Asia Pacific region by British Telecom (BT).
- BT builds phone boxes for the internet age. // Computer Weekly;11/1/2016, p2
The article reports on the plan of British telecommunications company, BT Group plc, to launch a consumer digital service in London, England called LinkUK.
- BT passes two-thirds of UK premises with fiber ahead of schedule. // European Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on an announcement from telecommunications company BT of the Great Britain which states that its open fiber network has passed over 19 million homes and business establishments across the country.
- Institutional memory loss will result in changes in corporate culture. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p18
Discusses the search for a corporate identity as the results of layoffs in the telecommunication industry. Changes in the dress code of employees; Remarks from Al Katz, chief operating officer of Wireless Resumes.com.
- BT beats forecasts with booming broadband demand. // Flare (Pakistan);12/15/2011, p62
The article reports that fixed-line provider BT Group PLC has achieved higher than forecasted earnings and sales for the second quarter of 2011.