Okla. Transportation Secretary Wins Bush Nod
- Executive Order 13252--Exclusions From the Federal Labor-Management Relations Program. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/14/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p26
Presents the text of an executive order signed by United States President George W. Bush on January 7, 2002, which deals with federal labor-management relations.
- Memorandum on Assistance to Federal Employees Affected by Hurricane Katrina. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/5/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p1338
Presents the text of the memorandum issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on September 1, 2005 regarding the emergency leave transfer program for federal employees affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Proclamation 7873--Irish-American Heritage Month, 2005. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/14/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p380
Presents information contained in Proclamation 7873 issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on March 4, 2005. Tribute being given to Irish Americans; Public service offered by Irish Americans to the country.
- Remarks at a Fundraising Dinner for Senator Wayne Allard and Governor Bill Owens in Denver, Colorado. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/20/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p1164
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush, on August 14, 2001, which deals with civil service.
- Labor Pains in Homeland Defense. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;9/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p10
Discusses debates on U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to grant department managers involved in national security more flexibility in hiring and dismissing employees. Views by U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.) on the proposal; Criticism by American Federation of Government...
- Reinvention, Bush Style. // Government Executive;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p37
Focuses on United States presidential candidate George W. Bush's views on how he would change the management of the executive branch. Elimination of 40,000 middle management jobs; Pledge to open up for competition at least half of all federal jobs not defined as `inherently government';...
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/2/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p708
Provides information on several nominations for office submitted by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Senate from April 25 to 28, 2005.
- Memorandum on Designation of Officers of the Social Security Administration. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/24/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p720
Presents a memorandum issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on designation of officers of the Social Security Administration on April 17, 2006. Authority given by the Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 to the president; Exceptions to the functions of the officers.
- HOW MANY MIKE BROWNS ARE OUT THERE? Tumulty, Karen; Thompson, Mark; Allen, Mike; Calabresi, Massimo // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/3/2005, Issue 39, p39
The article discusses cronyism in the U.S. The administration of U.S. President George W. Bush had a plan from day one for remaking the bureaucracy. The Office of Personnel Management's "Plum Book" shows that there are more than 3,000 positions a President can fill without consideration for...