MSRB Will Not Issue SMP Proposal Until After May Meeting
- MSRB Files Guidance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's filing of interpretative guidance with the Securities and Exchange Commission that details how its official statement rules apply to dealers in electronic bond auctions. Key provisions of the guidance on electronic auctions;...
- MSRB Hosts Debate On E-What-Ifs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p1
Focuses on a discussion at the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on electronic securities trading policies in the country. Goals to examine how various trading systems might interact with the rules; Board officials' explanation of how existing rules apply.
- MSRB likely to reject calls for changes to rule G-36. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p1
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) will reject industry calls for revisions to Rule G-36 that would require issuers, rather than dealers, to send the MSRB final official statements within specific timeframes. Reaction of federal regulators to the proposal; Documents...
- MSRB would ease G-38 disclosures. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (USMSRB) plan to amend the law on the disclosure of consultants hired by securities dealers. Board's filing of the amendment with the US Securities & Exchange Commission; Announcement of the amendments by USMSRB Chairman...
- MSRB files amendments to clarify rule G-37. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p4
Reports on technical amendments to Rule G-37 filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board with the Securities & Exchange Commission this September 30, 1997. Key points of the amendments on the rules in municipal securities; Date of effectivity of the amendments.
- MSRB Plans Two New Draft Rules. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p1
Focuses on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plan to propose two draft rules in the United States. Prohibition of dealers from trading most bonds below the minimum denominations set by issuers; Need for dealers to pass on default notices and other key information about bonds.
- Next MSRB meeting may only result on new board members. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p4
Discusses the probability that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will not take any action other than to announce five new board members after its meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming at the end of July 1998. Board's proposed rule changes that would require underwriters and financial...
- G-38, fund securities proposals by MSRB draw opposition, concern. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p5
Focuses on the proposed policies on municipal bonds in the United States from the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Amendments suggested for the Rule G-38 on consultants; Reaction of The Bond Market Association to the proposed amendment.
- MSRB Seeks Five Nominees for Board. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p6
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's search for five new board members to serve three-year terms on the board beginning October 1, 2001. Deadline for nominations; Outgoing board members.