Illinois Governor's Bond Proposals Find Little Support in Legislature
- Illinois Governor Calls for Consolidation of State Conduit Authorities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p33
Discusses the proposal made Illinois Governor George Ryan that the state's conduit bonding agencies be consolidated into one financing authority. Benefits cited in having a singular authority; Bureau of the Budget officials' disclosure of having discussed the issue with rating agency analysts;...
- Illinois Shaving Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p1
Reports on the efforts of Illinois' legislative leaders and Governor George Ryan's budget aides to prepare the details of an agreement that would reduce capital spending from the proposed fiscal 2002 budget. Failure of negotiations to produce a consensus on a bond-financed expansion of...
- Airport on Illinois governor's mind. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p1
Focuses on Illinois Governor George Ryan's development plans for a partially bond-financed airport in Chicago, Illinois. Location of the planned development; Estimated value of such construction project; Overview on other development initiatives in the state proposed by Ryan.
- Illinois Gov. Ryan's Budget Calls for Tobacco Funds to Back High-Tech Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 state budget proposal for Illinois unveiled by Governor George Ryan. Use of tobacco settlement funds to cover debt service for high technology research facilities; Issuance of a state revolving fund bonds.
- SUPERIOR GRAPHITE AWARDED ILLINOIS TECHNOLOGY GRANT. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jun2001, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p15
Reports the Technology Challenge Grant award given to Superior Graphite Co. by Governor George H. Ryan in Chicago, Illinois. Goals of the grant; Administration of the program through the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs; Use of the award for the proprietary...
- Job Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports on Illinois governor George Ryan's proposed fiscal budget for the year 2003. Number of jobs proposed to be cut in the budget; Amount of reductions made in the budget compared to the previous one; Reasons for these cuts.
- Ryan weighs clemency. // State Government News;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
Reports the moratorium imposed by Illinois Governor George Ryan on executions in January 2000 to consider whether to commute the sentences of the inmates on the state's death row.
- Ryan's campaign machine is on a record-setting roll. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;08/17/98, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Presents information on the fund-raising campaign being used by George Ryan of the Republican Party. Amount of money raised by the campaign for the first half of 1998; Details on the campaign; Identification of the family which gave the largest single donation.
- For Gov. Ryan, biggest job is rebuilding confidence. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the role of Governor George Ryan on the economy of Chicago, Illinois. Insights on the contribution of Ryan in promoting community infrastructure programs; Comment on the involvement of Ryan in the driver licensing corruption scandal; Impact of the scandal on public...