Philadelphia Mayor's Blight Bond Proposal Goes to City Council
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.4B Budget Designed to Close Shortfall. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p36
Reports on the budget deficit of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Budget designed by Mayor John Street to close the budget deficit of the city.
- Mayor's Plan Defeated. Whaien, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/10/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32357, p29
The article reports on the failure of the Philadelphia City Council to gather enough votes to support a ballot measure proposed by City Mayor John Street which is aimed at financing capital projects.
- Philly Going Competitive. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p1
The article reports on Philadelphia's first competitive bond deal on June 17, 2006, where the city is expected to sell nearly $218 million of general obligation debt. Rating analysts are expressing optimism about the city's low investment-grade bond rating. The competitive offering comes in the...
- Philadelphia Mayor Asks for City to Consider Selling Troubled Gas Works. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p6
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mayor John Street's announcement of his $2.9 million budget for the city on January 23, 2001. Proposal that the city consider selling the financially strapped Philadelphia Gas Works; Announcement of a bond-backed anti-blight initiative.
- Street Smart. Plummer, William; Calandra, Bob // People;
Profiles John Street, the mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.1 Billion Budget Plan for Fiscal 2003. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;
Reports on introduction of fiscal 2003 budget for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by mayor John Street. Introduction of multibillion spending plan; Possible reduction in wage taxes; Other provisions of the budget.
- Street Wins in Philadelphia; GOP Gains 2 Governerships. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p1
Reports that John Street has been elected mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Platform of Mayor Street; Plans for the city.
- John Street Sworn In As Philadelphia's New Mayor; Promises To Aid Blighted Neighborhoods. // Jet;01/24/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p35
Reports that Democrat John F. Street has been sworn in as mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philly's thrifty candidates. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the results of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's mayoral primary elections. Consensus among rating analysts and finance professionals on Democrat John Street and Republican Sam Katz; Rating of the city's general obligation debt.