Maine Bond Bank Bumped
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank to Sell $111M of GOs for High Schools. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Maine Municipal Bond Bank (MMBB) to sell $111.2 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds in one of its largest new-money issues to date. Robert O. Lenna, MMBB executive director, said that the deal is one of the largest the bank has issued. Fitch...
- S&P may cut ratings on 5 Japanese banks. // American Banker;8/23/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 162, p22
Reports on a warning by Standard & Poor's Corp. to reduce its ratings of five Japanese banks because of lengthy and severe problems faced by the banking industry in Japan.
- Banks seek S&P's help to recognize worthy loans. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p16
Reports that commercial banks have started seeking help from Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to evaluate prospective borrowers in 2002. Comment from William Chew, managing director for global project finance development at S&P, on the importance of sorting the best bets for bank loans; Total...
- S&P: Japan's banks face more hard times. // American Banker;5/3/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 84, p2
Reports on the number of years needed by the Japanese banks to clean up asset quality problems according to Standard & Poor's. Factors behind the banks' troubles; Estimated total amount of problem assets for the 23 banks for the fiscal year ended March 31, 1994.
- Some big European banks facing downgrades over next few years, Standard & Poor's says. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;3/14/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 49, p4
Reports on major European banks' low divergence in ratings due to differences in performance according to Standard & Poor's. Deregulation and increased competition as reasons; Reduction of European banks' net interest margins; Introduction of tougher cost controls and stricter lending policies...
- With State Behind Schools, Maine Bond Bank Readies Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p3
Reports on the decision of the Maine Municipal Bond Bank to sell their Series 2002A bonds. Issuance of bonds for school construction projects; Amount of bonds to be sold; Provision for the payment to Maine bond bank for the state-approval school projects; Upgrade in the rating of state bond...
- MUNICIPAL BOND BANKS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON THE FINANCES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Vogt, Michael G. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter84, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p38
Assesses the effect of the Maine Municipal Bond Bank on the indebtedness of local government units. Operations of the bank; Presentation of estimates of the real interest rate elasticities of local government indebtedness in Maine; Gross long-term debts issued by local governments in Maine.
- Corporate credit ratings showed slippage. // American Banker;4/12/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 69, p2
Reports on the corporate credit ratings for banks issued by Standard & Poor's Corporation. Number of companies downgraded; Continued reduction of nonperforming assets leading to lower provisions for loan losses and higher profits; Lowering of ratings for banks privatized by the French government.
- Standard & Poor's says eroding loan quality leaves banks vulnerable to slump, globally. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;9/17/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 178, p12
Focuses on factors which are having an effect on loan quality at banks in the United States and 15 other countries, according to a report from Standard and Poor's Corp., which was issued during September 1998. Location of banks which are vulnerable to an economic downturn; Identification of the...