It's Time to Pass the Baton: Detroit Mayor Says He Won't Seek Reelection
- Building economic bridges. Boston, Kelvin // Corporate Detroit;Jan1994, Vol. 11 Issue 1, Corporate Colors p5
Comments on the impact of Dennis Archer's election as mayor of Detroit, Michigan, on the city's business community. Building bridges among Detroit's various economic sectors; New jobs created by small businesses.
- Calculating the Archer effect. Henderson, Tom // Corporate Detroit;Jun94, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p34
Examines the impact of Dennis Archer's election as mayor of Detroit, Michigan, on the city's business climate. Entry of new businesses; Expansion of existing companies; Some companies' departure from the central city to the suburbs; Other signs of the city's business recovery.
- With the gloom lifting, Dennis Archer positions Detroit for the 21st century. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p1
Focuses on the improvement of the city of Detroit, Michigan under Mayor Dennis Archer. Archer's vision for Detroit for the 21st century; Improvement of fiscal status; Expansion of automobile manufacturing in the city; Construction of three land-based casinos; Upgrading of the city's credit...
- Archer challenge: Retain businesses. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;1/3/94, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the issues of business retention, expansion and attraction in Detroit, Michigan under the leadership of Mayor Dennis Archer. Reasons for businesses' relocation outside of Detroit; Business community's enthusiasm for Archer; Statistics on joblessness in Detroit; Construction projects...
- Mayor Archer seen as key figure in business, retail development. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;11/28/94, Vol. 10 Issue 48, p18
Forecasts a bigger role for Detroit, Michigan mayor Dennis Archer in laying the groundwork to improve the city's business environment in 1995. Increased corporate involvement in the city's economic growth; Emphasis on small-business development; Expansion of retail opportunities in Detroit;...
- New reflection of Detroit more positive. Benedetti, Marti // Crain's Detroit Business;1/17/94, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the revival of interest in Detroit following the election of Dennis Archer as mayor. Comments of Detroit Upbeat Inc. president Jill DeMaris on Detroit's revival; Pervasive negative image of Detroit prior to Archers election; Efforts of the Metropolitan Detroit Convention and Visitors...
- The lesson of Detroit. Archer, Dennis W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;03/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p340
Presents a text of a speech by the Mayor of Detroit, Michigan, given before the Economic Club of Washington, dealing with the economic progress of Detroit.
- Smart money is on Detroit, casinos or not. Archer, Dennis // Crain's Detroit Business;7/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the views expressed by Dennis Archer, mayor of Detroit City, on the economic viability of the city. Role of smart money on Detroit's economy; Financial implications of Gov. John Engler's denial of a casino package.
- Archer heads EDC. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the election of Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer as chairman of the board of the Economic Development Corporation. Marge Byington as secretary.