Hartford Aims to Use Reserves to Balance FY2001 Budget
- State Finances in 1995 and the Draft Budget for 1996. Sinelnikov-Murylev, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the finances of the Duma state in 1995 and budget for 1996. Law on the budget passed on June 24, 1994; Modification in the concept of macroeconomic policy in autumn 1994 by the government; Draft budget for the year 1996.
- Indiana Budget Plan Keeps Agencies Flat. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports on the multi-billion dollar budget for 2004-2005 presented by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon as of January 2003. Restriction in the level of spending by state agencies proposed in the budget; Net increase in appropriations in the budget; State's revenue sources proposed in the budget.
- O'Bannon's Plan to Reduce Indiana Deficit May Face Opposition. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p3
Reports on the introduction of a budget proposal for 2004-2005 by Indiana's governor Frank O'Bannon on January 9, 2003. Features of the budget; Benefits to be gained by the state from the budget; Change in the state's outlook in 2001.
- Massachusetts Governor's $23B Budget Plan Calls for Cuts, Restructuring. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p3
Reports on the 22.8 billion dollar spending plan released by Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the fiscal year 2004. Details of the plan; Measures for reducing the fiscal deficit of the state proposed in the budget; Reaction of credit ratings agencies to the budget plan.
- California Lawmakers OK Cuts; License-Fee Hike in the Mix. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p3
Reports on the approval of deductions in the budget by legislators of California. Need for the deductions; Opposition of the license-fee bill by the state governor Gray Davis; Conditions laid for an increase in the license-fee.
- California to Vote on Lowering Percentage Needed to Pass Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p48
Reports that California voters will decide in March 2004 if they want to make a major change to the state's budget process. Speculation that Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger will ask the Legislature to place some kind of deficit bond on the ballot; Budget deficit; Fiscal recovery bond deal.
- Pittsburgh Mayor: City 'Distressed' D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p1
Reports on the operating budget of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Financial status of the city; Reform of the tax structure.
- IOWA: Budget-Cutting Party. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p39
Focuses on efforts of Iowa governor Tom Vilsack to come to an agreement with lawmakers regarding needed budget reductions and funding issues. Agencies that have been exempted from the budget reduction plans; Details of reduction in the state budget.
- Arizona: Funding Switch. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p29
Reports on efforts of Arizona governor Jane Dee Hull to cope with the possible shortage in budget for the fiscal year 2002 and 2003. Plan of the governor to introduce reductions in budget for the fiscal year 2002 and 2003; Programs that have been prioritized by the governor for state-level...