Freeman Leaving LADWP to Become Davis Energy Adviser
- California Governor Names Freeman Head of Power Authority. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p3
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis has appointed S. David Freeman as head of Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Sale of five billion dollar of revenue bonds by the authority; Improvement of California's energy market.
- State Job Freeze Adds to Workers' Comp Troubles. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p33
Examines the impact of California governor Gray Davis' decision to freeze hiring at the State Compensation Insurance Fund. Costly delays for both employers and injured workers; Victims of delays; Political reasons for Davis' decision to freeze hiring. INSET: Workers' Comp Reforms.
- Davis in Position To Revamp Power Structure. C. Johnston, Robert // Education Week;12/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p17
Unveils the plan of Governor-elect Gray Davis of California to reshape the system of developing policies governing K-12 public schools. School governance structure in the country; State school board officials selected by outgoing Republican Governor Pete Wilson.
- New Regulations Issued For California Staffing Ratios. // RN;Nov2002, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the newly proposed regulations issued for California staffing ratios by Governor Gray Davis. The regulations are intended to fetch in minimum nurse-to-patient ratios one step closer to implementation. Public comment about the proposed regulation will run through December...
- Lesbian gubernatorial aide joins utility panel. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;1/9/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
Reports on Governor Gray Davis' demotion of the Public Utilities Commission panel president. Appointment of lesbian Susan P. Kennedy to fill a vacant position; Service of Kennedy under Davis's administration; Appointment of Kennedy's partner Vicki Martin by Davis as a member of the California...
- Calif. Controller To Disburse Funds Governor Impounded. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;9/5/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
The article announces that Governor George Deukmejian would begin sending school districts funds he had impounded from the education budget in California. State Controller Gray Davis would pay the public schools the full amount they had been slated to receive. Davis urged that Deukmejian's...
- Davis Meeting Leaves OC Execs Stunned, Worried. Reif, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;05/21/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the results of the meeting of Orange County, California, executives with California Governor Gray Davis concerning the energy crisis. Consensus arrived at by participating executives that California is besieged by partisanship and led by a governor unwilling or unable to confront...
- The 'Green Cowboy.'. Nall, Stephanie // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/10/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p22
This article features S. David Freeman, who was selected by Los Angeles, California Mayor Antonio Villaragoisa as president of the Los Angeles Harbor Commission. It explains that Freeman is the former head of the Tennessee Valley Authority and has held various top posts in several public...
- Davis Vows to Balance California Budget Without 'Gimmicks'. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p5
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis's plans to introduce structural changes to eliminate budget deficits in the state as of January 2003. Davis's comments regarding the nature of the budget for the fiscal year 2003-2004; Revenue shortfall in the state projected by the U.S....