Historic Legislation Could Boost Colorado Charter School Issues
- Charter Schools: A New Option For Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, High Yield p16
Focuses on the benefits from charter schools in the United States. Reform of public schools; Opportunities for individual investor; Use of school bonds to finance charter schools.
- Arizona's pooled deal for schools. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30841, p1
Reports the pooled financing deal for charter school construction by the Industrial Development Authority in Maricopa County, Arizona. Benefits of the deal; Fundamental credit quality of each charter schools in the program; Inclusions of the Maricopa financing structure; Reliance on student...
- Permanent School Fund Guarantees Life School Bonds. // Ellis County Press;5/8/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that Life School, a charter school which has campuses in Dallas and Ellis Counties, Texas, is getting support from the Permanent School Fund guarantee, a state-run program of money guaranteeing bonds sold by public schools.
- Bond issue to benefit Cd'A charter school. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);4/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, pA6
Reports on plans by the Coeur d'Alene Charter Academy in Idaho to use part of proceeds from a bond sale to refinance debt and to enlarge the school. Structure and pricing of the bond issue; Estimated cost of the expansion project.
- Charter Schools: A New Option For Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, High Yield p4
Focuses on charter schools in the United States. Differences between laws that govern traditional school budgets and charter schools' finances; Risk of bonds for charter schools; History and purpose of charter schools.
- Texas Charter Schools Closer To PSF Help. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;9/19/2013, p37
The article reports on the eligibility of bonds issued by charters schools in Texas to the Permanent School Fund (PSF).
- Extra Credit for Charter Schools? Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33294, p1
No abstract available.
- County Readies New Mexico's First Charter School Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p22
The article focuses on the significance of the bond issue to be offered by Santa Fe on behalf of the Academy for Technology and the Classics. This revenue bond deal is expected to become the model for charter school deals in New Mexico. Kirkpatrick Pettis has been selected as the sole...
- Lawmakers' Tussle Ripples Across Districts. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;9/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Nevada school officials found themselves caught in the middle of a legislative standoff this summer that threw K-12 education funding into oblivion. Legislators deadlocked over a record $860 million tax increase to balance the state's two-year budget. What ensued was a 49-day battle between the...