EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION
- CHAPTER 61: MARATHONS, TRIATHLONS & ADVENTURE RACES. // Travel & Tourism Market Research Handbook;2013, p382
The article discusses the trends in the marathons, triathlons, and adventure races in the U.S. as of January 2013. It explores the results of a study by ING which revealed that at least 13.4 million American adults runs at least 100 times annually and that 8.1 million compete in organized road...
- Words to the Wise. // Runner's World;Sep2012, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p58
In this article, the author suggests several instructions for runners to avoid common mistakes while writing a blog.
- Today I Ran Fast. Bruce, Chaddus // Runner's World;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p33
Suggests the use of Weblogs by runners in sharing their experience about the sport.
- Get Over the Hump. Galloway, Jeff // Runner's World;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p34
The article offers strategies to runners for running up hills and using them as for strength workouts.
- Mountain running roundup. Harding, John; Morgan, Will // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;May/Jun2010, Issue 117, p15
This section offers news briefs on mountain running, including the victory of local runner Alan Hood in the 30th Cradle Mountain Run in Cradle Mountain at the Lake St. Clair National Park in Tasmania, the victory of Doctor Alex Matthews in the 2010 Six Foot Track Marathon in New South Wales, and...
- MAKE A RUN FOR IT. MARURI, ATALI // Times of the Islands;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on some of the adrenaline-punping outdoor races that one can join in Florida. It mentions the adventure runs such as the mud run where one can experience different levels of difficulty when running. It cites fun runs where beginners can try since it is much less...
- Everywhere I Climb is Sandbagged. Leonard, Brendan // Climbing;Sep2013, Issue 318, p34
The article describes the different types of sandbags commonly encountered by mountaineers in the U.S. The common types of sandbags include historical, geographical and classic climbing sandbags. According to the author, classifying sandbaggs have been complex due to the difficulty in rating...
- TURYSTYKA BIEGOWA W POLSCE WEDÅUG OPINII UCZESTNIKÃ“W BIEGÃ“W MASOWYCH. Korzewa, Leszek; Misiołek, Ewa; Skarbowska, Adrianna // Rozprawy Naukowe;2014, Vol. 45, p222
Background. Running tourism began to develop along with a growing popularity of running as a form of recreation. The aim of this study was to define the concept of running tourism and to find out the Polish runners' motives for participation in this form of tourism. Material and methods. The...
- MOUNTAIN HIGH. // Missoula Independent;9/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p29
The article offers information on activities in the mountains of Helena, Montana for September 2010. Proper lubrication of mountain bikes is taught at the Bike Maintenance Class of the company Outdoor Program. Observing the skies through binoculars is featured at the public observing night event...