- Research State-By-Statement. Brown, Don J. // Dealernews;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p76
Presents statistical data on retail sales of sporting goods in the U.S.
- How Retail and Shopping Will Change in the Future. Albert, Christina; Beach, Meghan // NSGA Now;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to the future of the retail trade including what are the current trends in the industry, what will remain a trend versus what is only a fad and how can retailers compete with online giants like Amazon who are changing the customers' perspective...
- Sporting goods. // Discount Store News;3/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p19
Compiles news topics related to the retail trade of sporting goods in the United States as of March 17, 1997. Includes strategy used by Sam's Club sporting goods in displaying two-room cabin tent; Sharing of company bonuses by Sports & Recreation; Mass channel distribution of electronic dart...
- sporting goods. // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p27
Presents updates on the sporting goods business as of January 2001. Expansion of Bass Pro Shops; Automation of the supply chain of Sport Chalet; Estimated losses of Global Sports in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- WHAT'S YOUR RETAIL IQ? // SGB;Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
A quiz concerning retail and sporting goods is presented.
- Monthly Retail Trade Report: September Sales Negative in Sporting Goods Stores. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;11/29/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on a decline in the sales of sporting goods stores in the U.S. for the month of September 2007. According to the Monthly Retail Trade Survey, sales in sporting goods stores declined 0.8 percent. For the first nine months of the year, sales reached $27.18 billion, up 7.7...
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.