A Different Trail to climb
- UK consumers: shopping for value, but reluctant to compromise on quality. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p73
The article focuses on the survey, conducted by the Datamonitor Group, which examines the attitudes of the consumers during the international economic crises in Great Britain. According to the survey, the percentage rating of consumers who experienced personal financial crises showed 47 percent...
- Changes Put Shoppers In Control. // MMR;12/19/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p19
The article reports on the impact of the economic crisis on the retail industry and the attitude of consumers in Canada.
- Connect to Survive. GOLDBERG, BRETT // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul2013, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p46
In this article, the author focuses on the challenges faced by vendors and retailers after the 2008 economic recession in terms of decline in their sales. He mentions that after the recession the attitude of customers have changed significantly. He highlights that if brick-and-mortar retailers...
- Plastic Gets Sleeved:shoppers Trim Credit And Retailers Suffer. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/22/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 130, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the current financial crisis on consumer spending and on retailers. In 2009, it predicts decline in consumer spending and adjustment in pricing and inventories by retailers. It discusses change in consumer attitudes toward credit. Total consumer credit...
- Untitled. Ruddy, John // Checkout;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
The author discusses the impact of the change in private label to retailers and suppliers in Ireland. He highlights the collapse of the bookstore chain Hughes & Hughes. He notes that the company expanded heavily and seemed to become a business of decent scale, but the costs acquired during...
- Three Shoppers. Quinn, Darlene // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p12
The article offers information on different types of shoppers and offers suggestion to retailers in the U.S. for handling dramatic shift in the shopping trends in the country, post global financial recession.
- Taking a step back. Minto, Jim // Money Management;4/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p23
The article presents the author's comments on the primary challenges in business. The author says that from his conversations with financial advisers, he has learned that the challenges are the effects of the 2008 global financial crisis, the Government-led reforms of advice and superannuation...
- H&BA consumers reluctant to trade down. // Chain Drug Review;3/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on the results of the survey of Booz & Co. on the impact of recession on health and beauty accessories (H&BA) consumers in New York.
- Local Drivers. Sammon, Lindsay E.; Fratangelo, Gabrielle // FN: Footwear News;11/23/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 45, p26
The article presents information on three Detroit, Michigan-based retailers, who are getting support from residents to sustain their independent business, during the global economic crisis of 2008-2009. Store manager Angie Yaldoo of Incognito mentions that some people are still shopping to lift...