SPORT SUPPLY GROUP: ACQUIRES WEBSTER'S TEAM SPORTS
- Looking Forward to 2000. // Electronic News;12/06/99, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p3
Offers a look at the business status of distribution companies in year 2000. Trends in the industry that will continue.
- What They Sell. // Electronic News;12/06/99, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p12
Focuses on the top electronic products sold by distributors in the United States in 1999. Sales of active components in 1999; Sales of distributors' own contract manufacturing divisions; Distributors that benefit from active component sales.
- Don't be fooled by phony distributors of your goods. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/19/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p40A
Differentiates services that an actual distributor provides to its dealers. Responsibility of product specialists to look at potential user applications and make specific recommendations to the dealer; Account specialists' responsibility to close orders with specific dealers and to ensure that...
- Dealing with Distributors: a Survey. // Management Review;Jan66, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on a survey by the U.S. National Industrial Conference Board on the practices of U.S. and Canadian firms in selecting and appraising distributors and dealers. Wide variety of inducements used by manufacturers; Development of the executive position of manager of distributor sales;...
- CATO defends wholesalers. // Travel Daily;10/30/2012, p6
The article reports that the Council of Australian Tour Operators has defended the role of wholesalers, in the light of the launch of Maestro Travel, which offers to connect agents directly with overseas suppliers.
- Who Is Your Sidekick? Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p14
Several reports published within the current issue of the journal are presented including on capitalizing all of the available benefits and support from distributors and various resources distributors offer.
- Learning is a Lifelong Process. Whyte, Fred J. // Yard & Garden;Mar2008 Dealer Success Guide, Vol. 16, preceding p3
The article discusses various reports pubished within the issue, including one on highly successful yard and garden dealers.
- Value-added servicesï¿½Are you competing against OSHA? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2003 Supplement, p14A
No abstract available.
- BFS Canada signs TireStarz distributors. Zielasko, Dave // Tire Business;10/11/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p3
The article reports that the Canadian version of Bridgestone/Firestone's (BFS) TireStarz program in the U.S. has signed five distributors. Launched in July 2003, BFS Canada's TireStarz program has two elements. TireStarz Direct is similar to BFS Affiliated Dealer program in the U.S. where...