- Insiders Applaud Hicks At FL. Abel, Katie; Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst; Cass, Meghan // FN: Footwear News;6/29/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p2
The article announces that Ken Hicks was appointed as the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Foot Locker Inc.
- Castagna Exits Penney's. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/15/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 104, p4
Reports on the resignation of chairman and chief executive officer Vanessa Castagna at J.C. Penney in the U.S. in 2004. Appointment of Ken Hicks, president and chief operating officers of stores and merchandise operations of J.C. Penney, for the position; Plan of Castagna after her resignation;...
- Locker Talk. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;Jun2013, p3
An interview with Ken Hicks, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of American sportswear and footwear retailer Foot Locker Inc., is presented. Topics discussed include Hicks' view on the acquisition of Runners Point to expand the presence in Germany, impact of unstable U.S. economy, and...
- A Shocker At Penney's: Ken Hicks Steps Down, Named Foot Locker Ceo. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/26/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 134, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Ken C. Hicks as the president and chief merchandising officer of J.C. Penney Co. Inc. It mentions that the move was due to the eagerness of Hicks to take on a chief executive officer (CEO) role because he is a type of person who anticipates more on the...
- Selecting Leaders. Fernandez, Jorge E. // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the recruitment, selection and development practices of chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Assessment of the behavioral style of CEO; Factors considered in promotion of executive; Behavioral characteristics of CEO.
- Correction. // Employee Benefit News;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
A correction to the article about Fred Barstein, founder and chief executive officer of 401Exchange, published in the April 15, 2007 issue, is presented.
- WHAT MAGAZINES CEOS ARE READING. // SGB;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the favorite magazines of some chief executive officers including A. Stone Douglass, CEO of Orange 21, Bob Puccini, President Mizuno USA and Matt Rubel, CEO Collective Brands.
- Application Process. Adams, Scott // Conference Board Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p12
An excerpt from the writer Scott Adams' blog posted at the web site www.dilbertblog.typepad.com is presented.
- COMMUNICATION MAKES BETTER BOSS. // Broker Magazine;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the traits of successful chief executive officers. Ability to listen and examine people's perspectives; Development of fair policies and solutions.