It happened this month
- MGS making waves with Maxey. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p22
The article looks at collaboration between MGS and Maxey Companies in production of trailers and truck equipment since the former bought the latter in October 2014. Topics discussed include Maxey was a subcontractor to MGS for manufacturing of cable trailers and gas pipe trailers for MGS utility...
- A game plan for independents. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2008, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p66
The article relates how independent distributors in the trailer/truck parts industry in the U.S. can retain their market share in line with formidable competition posed by consolidation in the aftermarket parts industry. Joseph McAleese, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Bendix...
- Tank trailer, truck builders struggle with steel prices, component shortages. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Oct2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p56
Examines the impact of rising steel prices and component shortages on the operations of tank trailer and truck builders in the United States. Rise in the prices of raw materials, such as stainless steel; Difficulties in getting tires; Effects of growth of steel demand from China; Factors...
- Skeletals. // Commercial Motor;6/29/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5184, Special Section p32
The article provides information on several truck trailer manufacturers in Great Britain. This includes Corus Trailers, Dennis Trailers and M&G Trailers.
- CALENDAR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p70
A calendar of events in the truck trailer industry, including the Great West Truck Show, Espedite Expo 2008 and the Great American Trucking Show.
- Trailer Orders Best in January since 2006: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/27/2012, p1
The article highlights the report titled "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers" released by ACT Research Co. (ACT) which shows that the trailer net orders in January 2012 were the strongest orders for the first month of the year since 2006.
- West European Trailer Market Up 27.2% in 2011. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/23/2012, p3
The article reports on the 27.2 percent growth of the west European trailer market in 2011, according to consulting group CLEAR.
- Trailer Orders Fall in May as Anticipated: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/25/2012, p8
The article discusses the findings of the ACT Research Company's State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers report which showed a decrease of 23 percent in trailer orders in from April to May 2012 due to low demand in commercial vehicles.
- CALENDAR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2011, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p45
A calendar of truck and trailer industry events is presented for September 2011 to January 2012 including Fabteck International in Chicago, Illinois, World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems in Orlando, Florida and FTR Associates 2011 Transportaion Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.