Eaton combines Automotive, Truck Groups
- Eaton sells switch unit, reassigns auto chief. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;9/4/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5892, p22
Focuses on the changes at Eaton Corp. Sale of the company's cockpit switch business; Replacement of executives; Proceeds of the sale used to pay down debts and finance reinvestments.
- Eaton splits transmission division. // Fleet Owner;Oct2003, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the realignment of heavy-duty transmission division into two distinct business units by Eaton Corp. in the U.S. Responsibilities of the business units; Reason for the implementation of the realignment; General managers appointed for the realigned business units.
- ASSOCIATIONS. // Tire Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p23
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to tire industry in 2008. The Ohio Tire Dealers & Retreaders Associaton (OTDRA) in Columbus has reincorporated as the Ohio Tire & Automotive Association (OTAA). The Chesapeake Automotive Business Association (CABA) has joined the Alliance of Automotive...
- Shifts at Eaton. // Fleet Owner;Apr2002, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the reorganization of Eaton Corp. in March 2002. Positions which were created; Executives who were appointed; Changes in its business units.
- Volvo streamlines its corporate structure. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jan2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the reorganization of Volvo Global Trucks. Integration of the three truck companies; Changes in the executives of the company.
- For better or worse for richer or poorer. // Fleet Owner;Mar1998, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p148
Focuses on the acquisitons in the trucking industry. Details on the acquisition of Mirrer Trucking Company, by TransPlastics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chemical Leaman Corporation. Information on Mirrer Trucking; Information on the acquisition of Transportation Resources and Management...
- Eaton Truck Components realigns. // Fleet Owner;Jan2000, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the changes in the alignment of the operation of trucking company Eaton Truck Components Operations-Worldwide (TCO). Planned retirement of Alan E. Best, vice president for operations of TCO; Creation of the Truck Electronics division; Link between the Heavy-Duty Transmission and...
- Eaton Corp. plans 4th venture in China. // Automotive News;8/18/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5727, p39
Reports that Eaton Corporation has received the Chinese government's approval to manufacture heavy-duty truck transmissions in Shanghai and will launch production in 1998. Vehicles that will be manufactured; Number of units annually; Statistics on Eaton.
- Eaton gets top billing at Motown 'Cruise'. Lico, Nick // Automotive News;10/25/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5845, pAM26
Reports on Eaton Corp. as the official sponsor of the 1999 Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan in August 1999. Number of classic vehicles displayed at the event; Estimated amount spent by the company to get top billing for the event.