- Demand for trucks to remain weak. // Fleet Owner;Oct2009, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the forecast of Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC regarding the demand of commercial vehicles in the U.S. It projects that the demand for the vehicles will be about 45% in 2009 and will stay weak in the 1st half of 2010. It predicts that the...
- Year-end spike in truck orders bodes well for 2012. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p9
The article discusses the findings of ACT Research Co. that the December 2011 increase in preliminary commercial trucks net orders is generating a positive outlook for 2012 truck sales. The preliminary net orders of Class 8 trucks in North America topped 30,100 units in December 2011 while net...
- July orders again reflect soft demand for Class 8 trucks. // Fleet Owner Blog;8/3/2012, p7
The article reports on the continuing soft demand for Class 8 trucks in July 2012 according to preliminary figures released by Freight Transportation Research (FTR) Associates and Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC. It notes that FTR has been forecasting slower sales of...
- ACT Research: Trailer orders break record in October. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;11/25/2014, p9
The article reports on the 90% year-over-year increase in the number of orders for commercial trailers in October 2014 which was attributed to higher orders from small and medium truck fleets and better industry conditions, according to Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC.
- Vehicle orders signal strong 2011 growth. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;1/25/2011, p9
The article focuses on the projection for strong growth in 2011 to be brought by heavy-duty commercial vehicle demand in the U.S., according to ACT Research Co. It states that the ACT forecasts full-year 2010 production of Class 8 vehicles approximately 154,500 units to increase by 31% in its...
- Good times, for a long time. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p28
Presents information on the commercial truck and trailer market in the U.S. according to Ken Vieth of ACT Research. Reason for the strong demand for trailers; Information on the financial status of fleets; Factors that affect the truck and trailer industry.
- April trailer orders complete strong season. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2014, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the 25% increase in orders gained by the truck trail industry during the October 2013 to April 2014 season, according to research recently published by ACT Research Co.
- Net trailer orders climb 17% in November. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2014, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the 17 percent increase in total net truck trailer orders in the U.S. in November 2013 over the same period in 2012, according to the report "State of the Industry: US Trailers," published by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co.
- The positive economic indicators continue. MARTIN, DEAN // Fleet Equipment;Jul2014, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p72
The article focuses on increase in the trailer net orders in the U.S. trailer industry in May 2014, as reported by Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT Research Co.) in its "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers" report, that will result in rise in durable goods shipments.