Impact of Asthma Controller Medications on Clinical, Economic, and Patient-Reported Outcomes
- Alternative asthma therapies explored. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
The article discusses research being done on the alternative treatment options for asthma, by Christopher H. Fanta and colleagues, published in the 2009 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- Predictors of responses to corticosteroids for anorexia in advanced cancer patients: a multicenter prospective observational study. Matsuo, Naoki; Morita, Tatsuya; Matsuda, Yoshinobu; Okamoto, Kenichiro; Matsumoto, Yoshihisa; Kaneishi, Keisuke; Odagiri, Takuya; Sakurai, Hiroki; Katayama, Hideki; Mori, Ichiro; Yamada, Hirohide; Watanabe, Hiroaki; Yokoyama, Taro; Yamaguchi, Takashi; Nishi, Tomohiro; Shirado, Akemi; Hiramoto, Shuji; Watanabe, Toshio; Kohara, Hiroyuki; Shimoyama, Satofumi // Supportive Care in Cancer;Jan2017, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p41
Purpose:Although corticosteroids are widely used to relieve anorexia, information regarding the factors predicting responses to corticosteroids remains limited. The purpose of the study is to identify potential factors predicting responses to corticosteroids for anorexia in...
- Poster 21: EURO-HDBâ€”The First Large, Comprehensive European Study on the Burden of Huntington's Disease Dorey, J.; Tedroff, J.; Lamure, M.; Toumi, M. // Neurotherapeutics;Jan2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p145
Background: Understanding the determinants of health-related quality of life (HR-QoL) and cost is critical for medical doctors, health policy makers, and payers to guide management of disease. We initiated a large observational study to collect information on clinical characteristics, HR-QoL,...
- P03.03. Facebook use and professionalism among CAM students. Hinck, G.; Evans, R. // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;2012, Vol. 12 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Facebook use and professionalism among CAM students," by G. Hinck and R. Evans is presented.
- A PROSPECTIVE OBSERVATIONAL STUDY TO ASSESS QUALITY OF LIFE AND PRESCRIPTION PATTERN IN OSTEOARTHRITIS PATIENTS AT TERTIARY HEALTH CENTRE IN MUMBAI. JADHAV, MANOJ P.; JADHAV, PRIYANKA M.; MUTKE, AMOL P.; SONAWANE, SUPRIYA D.; PATIL, BHUSHAN D.; NAIK, NARENDRA B.; SONAWALE, ARCHANA S. // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Feb2011, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p58
BACKGROUND: Osteoarthritis (OA) is a major cause of disability and is focused in "Bone and Joint Decade" declared by WHO which substantially affect different dimensions of quality of life. The aim of present study was to find the disease pattern in OA patients, monitoring prescription pattern to...
- Calidad de la evidencia en las intervenciones terapÃ©uticas en NeonatologÃa. López-Sánchez, José Fernando; Sánchez-Mendiola, Melchor // Revista de Sanidad Militar;mar/abr2013, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p52
No abstract available.
- Reasons for Low Quality of Life in South Indian Cancer Patient Population: A Prospective Observational Study. DAMODAR, G.; GOPINATH, S.; VIJAYAKUMAR, S.; RAO, A. YEDUKONDALA // Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p2
Over the last decade, quality of life investigations of cancer patients' have became a critical evaluation parameter in the clinical cancer research and treatment evaluation programs. This study was carried out in a 1200 bed tertiary care teaching hospital, MGM Hospital, located at Warangal,...
- Prevalence of Microorganisms and Immunoglobulins in Children with Tonsillar Hypertrophy and Adenoiditis. Miramontes, Henrique Prestes; Fagundes, Djalma José; Jurgielewicz, Julia Coelho Lima e.; Miramontes Neto, Haroldo Prestes; de Oliveira, Renan Gianotto; de Oliveira, Gustavo Gianotto; de Souza, Maria Rosa Machado // International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p311
Introduction: Benign idiopathic tonsillar hypertrophy (HBI)may affect a child's quality of life and sleep. Several studies have sought to relate the clinical features of HBI with the infectious and/or immunologic changes that occur. Objective: To increase the knowledge of the etiology of HBI....
- Discogenic Axial Back Pain: Is There a Role for Nucleoplasty? Kumar, Naresh Satyanarayan; Shah, Siddharth M.; Barry Wei Loong Tan; Juned, Salam; Kaihan Yao // Asian Spine Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p314
Study Design: A prospective observational study. Purpose: To evaluate the role of nucleoplasty in the management of discogenic axial back pain; to determine the influence of concordant pain during provocative discography, annular tear and loss of disc height on the outcome of nucleoplasty....