Free Vascularized Fibular Transfer for Femoral Head Osteonecrosis: Donor and Graft Site Morbidity
- Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head Linked to Topical Steroids for Skin Bleaching: A Case Report. Felten, Renaud; Messer, Laurent; Moreau, Paul; Goussot, Raphaelle; Mahé, Antoine // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/18/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p763
The article presents a case study of a 26-year-old man who had a 1-year history of pain in the right hip and was later found to have advanced osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
- POST-FRACTURE PAIN RELIEF. DAVIS, JENNIFER // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p59
The article offers information on a study conducted by researchers in the U.S., which reveals that it is difficult for an arthritis patient to gain hip pain relief after a fracture.
- Contrast-enhanced MR imaging of subchondral insufficiency fracture of the femoral head: a preliminary comparison with that of osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Miyanishi, Keita; Hara, Toshihiko; Kaminomachi, Shigekazu; Maeda, Hiroki; Watanabe, Hideyuki; Torisu, Takehiko // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;May2009, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p583
Subchondral insufficiency fracture of the femoral head (SIF) may be confused with osteonecrosis of the femoral head (ON) due to clinical and imaging similarities. Contrast-enhanced MR images in patients with SIF (ten hips in ten patients) were retrospectively reviewed and compared with those...
- Transtrochanteric rotational osteotomy for avascular necrosis of the femoral head after unstable slipped capital femoral epiphysis: 10-year clinical results. Nakashima, Yasuharu; Yamamoto, Takuaki; Fukushi, Jun-Ichi; Motomura, Goro; Hamai, Satoshi; Kohno, Yusuke; Iwamoto, Yukihide // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Nov2016, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p831
Background Avascular necrosis of the femoral head (AVN) is the most serious complication after unstable slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE), and is often unsalvageable. We report a minimum 10 years of clinical results for transtrochanteric rotational osteotomy of the femoral head (TRO) for...
- HIP PAIN. CAMP, MICHAEL // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2012, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p68
The article offers suggestions to treat and prevent hip pain after performing heavy squats. It is stated that a sharp ache in hip joints is observed after doing squats, whih could be tightness in the hip flexors. It is recommended to take three to four weeks off from squatting and perform other...
- Manipulative Treatment of Hip Pain in a Ballet Student. Whipple, Tom; Plafcan, Dean; Sebastianelli, Wayne J. // Journal of Dance Medicine & Science;2004, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p53
A 14-year-old female ballet student was referred to physical therapy for examination and treatment of left inguinal region pain. A single session of non-thrust manipulation resulted in an immediate and lasting improvement in symptoms. This case report includes description of the relevant...
- Undermedication for Pain and Precipitation of Delirium. Robinson, Sherry; Vollmer, Charlene // MEDSURG Nursing;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p79
Introduction Review of the literature revealed an association of pain and delirium in patients with hip fracture. Literature was sparse on pain and delirium in other types of patients. Purpose The purpose of this study was to determine if there was a difference in the amount of analgesia...
- Pain relief pioneers. Pearce, Lynne // Nursing Standard;3/27/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p23
Lynne Pearce reports on a nurse-led service that helps patients with a hip fracture recover more quickly.
- Arthroscopic Debridement of Hip Labral Tears in Dancers. Kocher, Mininder S.; Solomon, Ruth; Lee, B. Minsuk; Micheli, Lyle J.; Solomon, John; Stubbs, Allston // Journal of Dance Medicine & Science;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 3/4, p99
This study looks for the first time at outcomes of arthroscopic hip surgeries in dancers. The subjects were thirty dancers, mean age 20.1 years (range: 14.1 to 38 years), each of whom had undergone arthroscopic debridement of a hip labral tear at least five months prior to follow-up (range: 5 to...