Long-Term Functional Outcomes After Operative Treatment for Intra-Articular Fractures of the Calcaneus
- A case of a twisted ankle. Loudon, I.S.L.; Harrold, A.J. // British Medical Journal;5/14/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6071, p1260
Presents case of 40-year-old patient with a twisted ankle; Referral of patient for radiography; Application of elastoplast strapping; Treatment of the twisted ankle.
- Bony destructive injuries of the calcaneus: long-term results of a minimally invasive procedure followed by early functional exercise: a retrospective study. Yanling Su; Wei Chen; Qi Zhang; Song Liu; Tao Zhang; Yingze Zhang // BMC Surgery;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Bony destructive injury of the calcaneus (BDIC) represents one of the most severe comminuted fractures of the calcaneus in which soft tissue coverage remains intact. The features of this injury include a collapsed articular surface, significant widening, severe loss of height and an...
- Comparison of Surgical Outcomes of Intra-Articular Calcaneal Fractures by Age. Gaskill, Trevor; Schweitzer, Karl; Nunley, James // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;12/15/2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 18, p2884
Background: Internal fixation is an accepted treatment for displaced fractures of the calcaneus. Operative intervention in older patients, however, is traditionally discouraged in the literature. The purpose of this study was to compare the outcomes of internal fixation of intra-articular...
- Ultrasonography of ankle ligaments. Peetrons, Philippe A.; Silvestre, Alain; Cohen, Michel; Creteur, Viviane // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p6
Examines the effectiveness of ultrasonography (US) technique in diagnosing ankle ligaments. Importance of the knowledge of ankle and US technique in the management of the different kinds of ankle sprains; Importance of ligament in ankle sprains examination; Involvement of anterior talofibular...
- Ankle fractures in diabetics. Parikh, M.; Slater, N.; Walker, C. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Dec98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p415
Describes the treatment of ankle fractures in insulin-dependent diabetics. Deficits in all sensory modalities; Description of the development of neuroarthropathy after ankle and foot injuries in diabetics; Recommendation for the identification of diabetic patients in fracture clinics.
- Ankle Sprain Treatment. // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9/10, p14
The article focuses on the study conducted on 340 athletes age between 12-70, which shows the effectiveness of ankle bracing in treating ankle sprain.
- EMG Comparison of Selected Ankle Rehabilitation Exercises. Cordova, Mitchell L.; Jutte, Lisa S.; Hopkins, J. Ty // Journal of Sport Rehabilitation;Aug1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p209
Compares selected ankle rehabilitation exercises used to reestablish lower extremity neuromuscular function and strength. Use of integrated electromyography; Repetition of exercise conditions by participants; Identification of the exercise with the greatest muscle activity.
- THE CLINIC. // Running & FitNews;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
This article includes questions from readers with various ailments related to running. Medical and other sports specialists provide answers to questions about treatment for a tibial stress fracture, a click in the hip bone of an older runner, treatment for heel pain in a runner with diabetes,...
- NagymÃ©retÅ± sarokcsont cisztÃ¡k ellÃ¡tÃ¡sa OstimÂ® felhasznÃ¡lÃ¡sÃ¡val KÃ©t eset utÃ¡nkÃ¶vetÃ©se. LÁSZLÓ, SZÁLASY; RÓBERT, LÉNÁRTH; FERENC, TÖMBÖL // Magyar TraumatolÃ³gia, OrtopÃ©dia, KÃ©zsebÃ©szet, Plasztikai Seb;2012, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p293
Two cases of our experience with critical size calcaneus cysts treated using a synthetic bone substitute are presented. Special attention is devoted to the diagnostic process and preoperative planning. The surgical technique and the used compound are presented. Sustained by positive results they...