Follow footsteps of National Carpet Week
- Carpetright to open bed stores. // DIY Week;10/7/2011, p2
The article reports that Carpetright will rebrand five of its carpet outlets as Sleepright by Carpetright as part of its plan to open a chain of bed stores under the same name.
- Property is key to carpet deal. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the swap deal between Carpetright and Allied Carpets in the carpet industry in Great Britain. Review of the future of bed sales in Allied's remaining stores; Companies' consideration of beds in the new stores' line-up; Deal signifying the importance of retail property.
- Allied sells 29 stores to rival. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets' sale of 27 of its stores to Carpetright in Great Britain. Inclusion of stock of Allied-owned stores in the deal; Stores of Allied Carpets sold to Lord Harris.
- Sleepright. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2008, Issue 5612, p6
The article reports on the negotiation made by Carpetright PLC to acquire the assets and business of Sleepright UK Ltd. in Great Britain. It adds that, against to examine opportunities to increase profitability by looking at complementary markets. This includes the advanced stage of negotiation...
- Demounts cut fleet by 48%. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;5/5/2005, p9
Reports on the decision of Carpetright to reduce the number of trucks on its nationwide carpet delivery fleet across Great Britain. Economic benefits of the reduction of trucks to long distance operations; Significance of the company's decision in terms of tackling the Working Time Directive;...
- Carpetright. Quilter, James // Marketing (00253650);7/12/2006, p18
The article focuses on the business performance of Carpetright. The company was set up by Lord Harris of Peckham in 1990, and since then has grown to about 500 stores and a turnover of Â£450m. Lately, however, growth has slowed down and the company announced a 2.4% fall in sales and a 7.8%...
- Carpetright faces cuts in national portfolio. // Estates Gazette;7/9/2011, Issue 1127, p8
The article reports that floor coverings retailer Carpetright will close about 100 stores in Great Britain due to a 70 percent decline in profit.
- Carpetright cautions as sales drop. // DIY Week;8/13/2010, p04
The article reports on the financial statement posted on August 4, 2010 by carpet and flooring retailer Carpetright which stated a 2.5 percent decrease in total sales revenues of its operations in Europe and Great Britain.
- Carpetright reappoints former director. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2011, Issue 5756, p11
The article announces that Darren Shapland was appointed independent non-executive director board member at Carpetright PLC in Great Britain.