- Chichester changes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p18
Cites the changes made to Allders' At Home store format in London, England. Adoption of a less approach for roomsets; Theme colors of products sectors and styles; Introduction of a designer area to spotlight design trends.
- Allders, The Exchange, High Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p12
Features Allders, The Exchange, High Road, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, focusing on its customer service and staff's product knowledge.
- Allders Eastgate Centre. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p11
Evaluates an Allders furniture store in Great Britain. Pricing and display of merchandise; Lighting; Cleanliness; Customer service; Lack of selling skills of sales personnel.
- Coventry. // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p8
Evaluates five furniture stores in Great Britain as part of the `Cabinet Maker' periodical's Mystery Shopper contest. RCN Furnishing in Brade Drive, Walsgrave; Kingstone along Bishop Street; Allders in Broadgate, Coventry; WH Furniture in Lower Holyhead Road, Coventry; CRS Homeworld in Walsgrave.
- Allders refurbishment puts ideas to the test. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2002, p7
Presents information on the long-term renovation program of Allders. Description of the carpet department of the store; Details of the color wall; Design of the audio-visual zone; Consultants of the retail store.
- Northampton Allders re-opens after flooding. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Announces the re-opening of the Allders home furnishings store in Northampton, England on October 3, 1998. Repair of areas of the store damaged by floods.
- Allders tries out redesign. // In-Store Marketing;Dec2001, p7
Reports on the opening of a concept store by the Allders department store group in Essex, England. Role of design agency 20/20 in developing the store; Description of the store's interior design.
- Allders team at BhS. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2005, Issue 5433, p3
The article reports that Nicky Grendon will lead a team of six furniture buyers, who have moved across from Allders PLC, to set up eight new furniture and homewares stores for BhS. Grendon was previously head of buying furniture at the failed chain. The team is working towards a July launch of a...
- Chain stores fail to respond to recovery. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p4
Lists several furniture stores in Great Britain that failed to respond to market's recovery as of July 12, 2002. Allders; Courts; Merchant Retail; Marks & Spencer.